My friend smokes too much weed and doesnt do anything with his life.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Darth_Mal, Nov 11, 2013.

1. I told him before that he smokes too much but he still doesnt try to better himself. We both just graduated highschool and he just smokes weed and sleeps all day. Doesnt even bother looking for a job. And im moving soon but i dont want my friend to become a bum or anything. I just have no clue how to help him

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. You can't really help him. You can only warn him of his actions. You guys are adults now and he is capable of making his own decisions.

3. He'll wake up soon,or will learn.It's a big world man,no worries.

4. Maybe he doesn't feel the need to gather petrodollars in his pocket!

5. Maybe you can't change the way he or she is but you can at least give him a heads up on job openings or at least help him apply for mcdonlads or something, its better than smoking weed and doing nothing all day( which is debatable) but hey if he's got it set right now; a job will only make things better cos now he's got money, try to get that point across to him an maybe he won't become a bum

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 himan235, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2013
    What do you mean better yourself? Pretty much after high school which you were preoccupied from 9-4 in the real world, welcome to it by the way..... all people do is work or sit around all day in their house and plenty of them smoke weed all day or drink . You mean a hobby?

7. Those people in this world that make something of their lives find their own motivation.  I've never heard any successful person say they made it because someone else convinced them to go make something of themselves. 

When he doesn't wanna be a lazy shit he will stop being a lazy shit.  Until then don't let yourself be held back.

8. Eventually he'll realize he's need to make $ to survive. How does he buy weed with no job?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Doing nothing is better than being busy doing nothing

Lao Tzu

10. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I want his life for about 6 months, just to see what it's like. Then I'd like my current job back. 

12. I'd take the free weed as a bonus and make something of myself. Although just a couple months of just sitting around all day and smoking wouldn't hurt I suppose...

Damn, I can see how that can be a slippery slope.

13. He may be suffering from Depression. Weed or not.
    He needs to see a doctor and get it under control.

14. I suffer from bipolar and depression and my therapist knows I smoke and says if it helps you smoke all you need...now I just need to get my medical marijuana card.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

15. He'll wish he listened to you later on. There's not much you can really do but let him know, he's gonna have a wake up call soon

16. say, " your a good friend, and your throwing your life away man, lay off bud for a little and get a job, you will regret it'

17. aaaaaand thats what gives potheads a bad stereotype.. sorry to say but its true, one guy is lazy that smokes all day and does fuck all with his life and another guy smokes weed all day throughout the day and does perfectly fine... fucked up how soceity thinks that way but thats how it is i suppose, hopefully he will snap back into it and actually want to do something, i know if i dont work for 2 days im wanting to work cause im so fucking bored

18. You people act like he has too live like the rest of you slaves...funny u talk about doing something..but all you are doing is making money for other people too work to get money..get its its 2 dogs chasing each others tail..sorry if he doesn't want too chase your tail..I guess we all got alil dictator in us.

19. #1 - I'm no slave.  I help my employer make money, and they make me money.  It's called a symbiotic relationship; we both benefit.
    #2 - I don't care if he doesn't work for someone else.  He can start his own business, that would be great.  But he should do SOMETHING other than smoke weed and sleep, so he can contribute to society instead of leeching off of his family.

20. Where does his money come from?