Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My friend passed out while smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Billy8687, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Alright, so just a little bit ago me and my friends were smoking and we were in a small ish room in my house. After we get done smoking we get up and we were going to go outside and drive to a friends house to pick someone up. But when we stand up I noticed my friends face was really white but I didn't think too much of it. Once we got down stairs I notice him like holding onto shit supporting him self and I rush over to him and I start to ask him questions like if he's alright and shit and then he just dropped and woke up like a minute later and he was like, my vision went out and I couldn't see anything and my heart was racing really fast and a bunch of other stuff. It took him like 5-10 minutes to get fully back to normal and now he is really scared to smoke again. I was just wondering what would cause this and how you would be able to prevent this. Also, the weed was not laced because HE grew it so I don't think he would lace his own weed haha.

2. dude it was prolly laced

but seriously, i sometimes pass out when i stand up too quickly and take a deep breath. its trippy as fuck

3. No offense, but how could someone who grows their own weed have such a tolerance, lol.
    Since you said it was in a "small-ish" room, you could have produced a minor hotbox.
    Have him drink lots of water before his next session, and to try it outside instead of in a room so there is lots of fresh air and oxygen.

4. he greened out. happens occasionally, maybe the weed was bad or it just didn't sit well with him. he shouldn't be worries it wont happen regularly, just smoke a bit less and slower maybe next time

5. Does this friend do any other drugs? How is his general health? Smoking when sick or unhealthy can have odd effects.

6. Not to be rude or anything, but read the entire post. I clearly said he grew it him self and he wouldn't lace his own weed. Also, he didn't stand up too fast because he was sitting in a tall ass chair that caused him to be pretty much standing height already, he's only like 5 foot 4 or so.

7. He actually smokes a lot, surprisingly haha. There are days when he will smoke maybe 4-5 grams a day and then days that he only smokes 1 gram. And I will tell him to do that for sure, because that was really fucked up seeing my friend just drop and look like a damn ghost and have him not responding to us for a minute or so.

8. He doesn't do any other drugs. His health may be a little below where it should be because I never see him workout or anything. Also, he wasn't sick either.

9. He said this happened once before but he was drinking then so he didn't think too much of it.

10. He got up too quick I think. Happens to me sometimes.

11. It could be something else unrelated to smoking, like he was dehydrated or something. Do you think it's possible it could be unrelated to smoking? Maybe he has a medical condition or something?

Just throwing ideas out though, hope you figure it out man.

12. I burned some girls on Train Wreck and one of them greened out. It was too much for her I think. She was anorexic too, so I suppose the weed was the least of her problems concerning her passing out.

Meanwhile, while that was happening some french canadian chick is giving me shotguns :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking:

13. It very well could be because I was with him a lot of the day and he was only drinking like Soda and other drinks that really aren't good for you. And I just googled it, yes I know don';t make fun of me for it haha, but someone said it could be because a lack of red blood cells and that could cause lack of oxygen and then smoking in a small ish room could make it worse?

14. No man no one's laughing if I saw my buddy laying down on the ground for a minute or so not responding I'd be freaking out and you best believe I'd be reading fucking medical journals that night! hahaha.

15. This happend to me a long time ago a little while agter i first started smoking, i barely ate all day and it was the first day i did bongs, jamaican hotbox, and hotknives. Plus we smoked a lot of bud. But sfter the seshions n shit we went back to my friends where i was spending the night and we proceeded to cook some eggs and when i got my bowl of eggs and started walking down his hall to go sit down i got a massive headrush and my vision started going black and getting smaller then i blacked out fell on the floor with the eggs going everywhere then woke up. Ended up pretty much laughing over it and blamed it on not eating and smoking a shit ton

16. You're a great guy man. It's good to see someone who cares about their friends, and people in general, enough to read up and make sure that their friend is all right. He was probably super dehydrated though he should drink some water for sure and maybe eat some protein as well beforehand.

17. your dog or cat probably peed in the plant which produced the weed

18. Hahaha, thanks for making my think i'm not like obsessive because I feel really bad for him because I know if I was him I would be real embarrassed and it would take me awhile to smoke again. I told him to talk to his doctor about it next he goes in for the regular check up and shit and he said he's going to. Also, are doctors allowed to tell parents anything if you are still under 18 because he will be going soon he said and he only turned 17 a few months ago.

19. Ok, not to be a complete dick or anything but this could be a serious thing and why even respond if you're not going to even say something that could be remotely correct? If you were in my situation and you saw one of your friends, hell, I don't even know if you have friends because you seem like douche, and he just like blacked out pretty much and wasn't responding you would freak out and actually look for real answers. Man, I wish I knew how to give Neg rep sometimes haha.

20. I'm pretty sure (from what I just read on Treatment Of Minors: Encyclopedia of Everyday Law) that many states require parental consent to PROCEDURES but if he's just going for a check up I'm not really sure. might want to check you're own state laws.