My Friend Needs Help...But Won't Accept It!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dillweedsicl, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Okay, so here's my problem:
    A while ago, my friend was pooping out blood and wouldn't stop. So we took him to a doctor, long story short, he was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease. It was so bad that he had to get a colostomy bag. Anyway, the problem now is that he won't eat. He barely gets hungry. When he is hungry, he still eats very little because he gets nauseous very easily. Because of this, he has gotten very skinny, like a stick. He also lacks a lot of energy. I keep on telling him that cannabis would help him a lot. There are many strains, so we first have to find the right strain for him. But when we do, it should stop his nausea and increase his hunger tenfold. He gives excuses, like he can't handle the smoke. But, I keep on telling him I can just make edibles, but he doesn't listen. We've tried other things to bulk up his weight, like protein powders. But, they are just pure bulls***. I truly believe that weed is really the only choice left for him. How do I convince him to take some weed for his disease?

2. Bake some brownies for him

3. My friend has Crohns, he drinks a lot of smoothies and meal replacements. Has only tried weed 2-3 times in his life.

4. Did he also get nauseous easily?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not to sure, he said he couldn't properly digest food so the doctor said not to eat anything only drink you meals...3 weeks later another doctor was shocked and told him he could eat. Had to wear a heart rate monitor for a while, light duty at work...

We randomly were having a chat one day and he talked about his condition, which I had no idea he had. I mention that mmj might be able to help but I told him I don't know what Crohns is blah blah I hooked him up with a fat sack. He never continued to use it much, just the odd weekend with him and his girl.

Have you watched the Dr Sanjay Gupta specials? He has one on Crohns...I could like you if you would like.

6. I watched some of the Sanjay Gupta specials. I saw one about a young kid with epilepsy and found relief from it with cannabis, but I haven't seen one for Crohn's Disease.

7. Can't remember which one had it, I believe it was just a touch on how cbd can help people with it. Probably the 2nd special he did as I recall the third one mostly being about PTSD.

8. If you are a real friend then you simply state your case and then let him make his own decisions. He is the one living with the disease and he is the one who should make the decisions. Friends are for support, real friends support you even when they may not agree.

9. Okay!

10. I just don't want him suffering all the time, but since it's his body, he can only make the decisions. Thanks!

11. Yea, it is definitely hard to watch someone suffer. My father had cancer and I watched him go through the gambit of associated symptoms with the disease and chemo. After the first round of chemo was ineffective he turned down any more therapy and essentially conceded that he was going to die. However he was much better off dying with at least some control over his decisions. All of us should have the right to say what we put in our bodies, how we live, and if possible how we die. You are a good friend to be concerned and I am sure that he appreciates you for doing so.

12. I'm sorry that you lost your father. But, you probably already realized that death is a part of life. At least he didn't need to suffer no more with the chemotherapy, with all that loss of appetite, nausea, and that stupid metallic taste in the mouth. It was his decision, and I'm kinda glad that at least he got to go out his way. I just hope that my friend will at least find something that he wants to take and will help with his disease if he doesn't want to take cannabis.

13. I got friends with chrones. They smoke high cbd strains. But thing is your friend will not benefit from the mmj if he is stressing over maby taking it in fear of negative effects. If you fear you might have a bad time. Your gonna have a bad time with pot.
    But I know my friends who suffer from it really enjoy their herb for helping with their apetite

14. do you live in a medical state?