My friend is gone

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BayAreaToker, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Backup to May...We were having a party at my friend Justin's house. I had chugged too much liquor and was experiencing alcohol poisoning. I was in my friend's bedroom on my back puking and foaming at the mouth. Everyone at the party was too drunk to call 911, and nobody knew what to do. Luckily for me, my friend who was an EMT showed up to the party. He saved my life by taking the normal, and simple, steps to help someone with alcohol poisoning.

--

Saturday night (Halloween) I was at a party and received a phone call from my buddy. He told me our friend Tyler, the one who saved my life, had just passed away. I guess he was walking around town drinking with his friends, when they got in an argument. His friends walked to the store and Tyler stayed at the train tracks. He ended up passed out leaning against the tracks, and woke up to the sound of a train's horn. By the time he sat up it was too late. The train didn't have time to stop.

I haven't been able to think about anything else for the past 2 days. My friends and I just drank 40s in remembrance. I know he wouldn't want us to be burdened with the sadness of this whole situation, he would just want us to drink a beer. But it seems impossible not to. I can't stop thinking about his family. 2 years ago his dad passed away so there's only his mom and his sister left.

I was thinking of going and talking to his mom (after a little time passes) and giving her my condolences. I want to let her know how big of an impact her son made on my life. He was a genuinely good person. I could easily not be here right now if it was not for him.

If anyone's interested here's a link to a news article-
    http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_13690671

2. sorry to hear about your friend, this next bowl is for him

RIP Tyler

3. that's just pure bad luck man, very sad way to go. My thoughts go out to you, him, and his family. Yeah, I think it would mean a lot to his ma if you told her he saved your life and what a great guy he was. peace, and good luck.

4. What an unfortunate death, at such a young age.

Sorry to hear that.

5. wow thats brutal. my next hit goes out to him and his family..
    was this the cal train thing?

6. Why do people have to die????

7. It's the price we pay for living, nothing's free.

8. thats horrible man. i feel for you dude.

9. Ummmm I'm really sorry for your loss, and this bowls for him. I'm really not trying to sound like an asshole, there's no need to neg rep me for speaking my mind.

But why, for any reason, would you be THAT drunk around fucking TRAIN TRACKS. Or drink around them at all for that matter. Or take any kind of Downer.

Again i'm sorry this happened to your friend, maybe we can all take this as a lesson that when we make poor decisions regarding when and where we use our substance of choice, bad things can happen. I see alot of people do things unwise when they're on something, skating while tripping, rock climbing on a roll, or drinking by trains.

Yes 99/100 times you're all just going to laugh your asses off and nothing bad will happen, but that one time, something will. And you can never take it back.

10. A bowl for tyler r.i.p

11. I know what you mean man, I'm seeing this as a big lesson. I've been thinking non stop the past few days and this is definitely a life changing experience.

Thanks for posting everybody, it means a lot.

Earlier today my friends and I went to the spot on the train tracks. We brought flowers and we all just stood there in silence for about 45 minutes. A few of Tyler's other friends had made cards and dropped off flowers. It was really fucking eerie going to the spot...there was a big pile of white sand they had put over the blood.

People have always told me to cherish every moment because life is too short. I never really took that saying to heart before this...it's just one of those things you have to experience. I've never really had anyone else I was close to die.

The cool thing is, Tyler accomplished more in his 19 years than some people do in 80. I definitely wasn't the only life he saved...

12. dude.... that fuckin sucks :(

13. Im really sorry for your loss, and everyone that knew him's loss. Atleast you respect and recognise the importance he's played in the lives of the people around him. Thats a beautiful thing.

May he be forever remembered.

14. i'm sorry for your loss. i been there. I had a friend who saved my life on more than 2 occasions, then a few years ago he died in a horrible car accident. i miss him pretty much everyday. while i know my words in the end really mean nothing to you at this time just remember that A) you will eventually feel better and B) there is someone out there that kinda knows how you feel.

ps. sorry if this post doesn't make much sense (pretty baked)
    pps. this next hit is for our friends . May they rest in peace.

15. ahh man...i'm really sorry!! last year a friend of mine was hit by caltrain in palo alto...it fucking sucks, and hurts, and it will for a long time...

16. the next bowl i smoke is for your friend...wow what a way to go. im sorry for your loss friend.

17. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, you have my condolences.

A friend of mine also named Tyler (Which is also my name) just passed away in August, he was killed by a car when he was longboarding. I known it sucks man but that's what we have each other for, I wouldn't have been able to handle it without my other close friends.

18. Im so sorry to hear for your loss, you would do the mom/family an honor if you tell her how her son impacted your life.