My friend hates it

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Ella Rollins, Oct 25, 2016.

1. #1 Ella Rollins, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Hello all,
    I need some suggestions for one of my friend. My friend Mark was normal during his childhood but he turned out to be a gay in his teenage. But still he's my best friend. He was mentally disturbed for few months due to the sudden change in his life and ignorance from many of his friends. So I thought of giving him some strength and he used to share his feelings with me. Then I came to know that he had interest in one boy named Drake and he had some difficulty in approaching him. So I told him about an Executive gay/lesbian matchmaker service. He was satisfied with it and agreed to consult with them. At last he got many opinions from them and he approached Drake and he too liked him back.

But the problem is, Mark had the habit of smoking. He started smoking during his depression to get relief, but now it had become a routine. Drake doesn't like this habit of him. Mark tried but he is not able to stop smoking. He recently told me that Drake may leave him if he doesn't stop smoking. Is there any way to get rid of smoking?? He urgently needs to stop it to save his relationship. Any suggestions regarding this are greatly welcomed.

2. Stop trying to fix/change him. If he chooses to threaten a relationship with his weed smoking, then he will have to live with it, and hopefully grow from the experience and learn something.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for your suggestion.. At first I told him that you don't have to change your habit for others, but he doesn't want his relationship to end. I'm confused now and don't have any idea on how to help him.

4. You can't help everyone. Take it from a "night in shining armor," who has tried many times. The best you can do is talk to them and explain how you feel and why you feel that way. But ultimately, the decision is theirs to make, and you can either be there for them, or get frustrated and give up on the situation.

5. I agree with you. I'll try to talk with both of them and tell them to decide. Anyway I'll stand with my friend in every situation. I'll be happy if they understand each other and if they have any misunderstanding , i'll give him strength.

6. If he started smoking to relieve his emotional and mental pain and now it is a habit, he may still have underlying problems that he is not ready to confront. Weed gives people an escape from their overbearing emotions for a short while. Has he tried explaining to his other half why he started smoking? And then digging as to why he still continues to smoke? Maybe giving his partner some insight into his habit will give him some clarity on why he feels the need to smoke and hopefully an understanding will come out of the conversation

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I don't understand when someone in relationships demands such things... In such cases I always have a question, how fair in love these relationships are X3

8. Are you Mark?

• Like Like x 2