My friend has seriously gone too far...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by WeeDeluXe, May 16, 2010.

1. Definently dont let him try cocaine, or any other real drugs. Then you really might come across him suckin D. But nah seriously just try and get him to realize how he is a fiend for weed and never give him money again. Fiends are bad.

2. its called a job. hes a lazy fuck from what i see. you need to be straight up with him about the shit too cuz giving him money and weed whenever he asks is enabling his problem making him think its alright to mooch off you guys all the time. introduce him to a girl who doesnt smoke and make her give it up to him, and maybe he will leave you alone

3. haha, him and a girl...
    this one girl once made him overnight at her place, she liked him... and he just went to bed..
    what a dumbass.

4. Wow. Dude's clearly got some serious problems.

I'd just cut ties with him completely. You guys don't need his shit.

Be straight with him--tell him exactly why you won't be hanging out anymore, and if you feel it's worth a mention, tell him that his behavior concerns you. Be firm (don't let him think he can talk his way back into chilling with you guys) but kind. This isn't the time to dump all of your frustrations from the past five months on him--just tell him how it is, wish him the best of luck, shake hands like grown men, and move on with your life.

You say he calls thirty times in a row? Get his number blocked. He tracks you guys down? Tell him you've gotta go and bail. Hopefully, he'll realize you guys are serious and change his ways in the hopes of preserving your friendship. If not, you'll be rid of his mooching ass. Win-win.

I dealt with a guy kind of like that for a while. At first, he'd always INSIST on smoking me up (could've been the "I'm the man, you're the woman" thing, but idk). When I got a better job and was making more money, I insisted he let me smoke him up for a while (and fat, too :cool:) and he happily obliged. About a year went by, during which time I was the only one buying bags and loading bowls. It got a little annoying, but I figured it was cool because he'd been so sweet and generous to me. What's a little weed between friends, right?

A few more months went by and we were hanging out less and less, mostly because I knew he'd expect to smoke and I was trying to build a substantial savings account. Therefore, I couldn't really afford to buy twice as much weed all the time.

When we did hang out, I limited our smoking to two fat bowls. He wasn't happy with this.

Him: "Hey, wanna pack up another?"
    Me: "Nah, I'm good."
    Him: "Seriously? You don't wanna smoke ANY more?"
    Me: "Nope, I'm fine."
    Him: "...think you could maybe just pack one more?"
    Me: "I'd really rather not."
    Him: "Please?"
    Me, fucking annoyed at this point: "No." :rolleyes:
    He sighs. Twenty minutes go by.
    Him: "Think you could pack me one before you go? I'm not even buzzed anymore."
    Me: "Ah, no. Sorry man."
    Him: "Oh..."
    Me: "I can't really afford to smoke any more than we already did."
    Him: "...so...is leaving me a little nug out of the question then?"
    Me: "See ya."

5. omg shit.
    its so similar with us!
    like.. he keeps goin like
    "dont u wanna smoke another one before we go."
    "hey, lets smoke another one"

omg!
    and the worst was how he asked us if we could give him weed back!??!
    and yea, he is always asking for some before he goes home and shit.

i mean, we have been really firm. last time we smoked 1 joint, that was it.. he kept askin for another one. but we did stay firm.
    and yea. we are gna have a talk with him.

thanks for all ur help.

6. #26 ForYouBlue, May 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010

Yeah, that's some bullshit. I wouldn't know whether to laugh at his sheer idiocy or be angry that he really thinks he's entitled to ALL of it.

And good for you guys! :D

7. Tell him just to rob you. Then you wouldn't be feeding him this habit, he would be doing it to himself.

8. ive never smoked anyone out more than once or twice, except really really good friends (even then it's in my head that they didn't drop... call me greedy, lol)... just don't let it get to that point next time. Its really simple to me... I just ask them for drops and if they don't have it I'm like oh, well I paid (insert amount here) for this weed so your portion is worth like (insert amount here). They usually agree to pay me back next time, but if not we aren't going to smoke again. This is coming from a guy with a small number of friends though (by choice) haha. :smoking:

9. introduce him to a friendly alternative like cocaine

10. Well instead of just not callin him and ignorin him, just tell him you and your friends are gettin pissed off at him. you can't just constantly ask for money and weed for nothing, and that u think he should take a t-break....
    maybe if one of your group went on a t-break with him he'd be more eager to do it.
    try and get him some help, not professional if he's not up to it, but helpin him out. not giving him weed or money just help him find an alright job, make sure he don't spent it all on weed.
    he probably thinks he doesnt have a problem with bud, but like others have said it's a safe drug, but still as addicting as others. Weed gets u high, feeling good, whats not addicting about that?
    good luck to you and your friend.

11. shiiiiiiit yo that's fucked up

12. IMO, your friend has a secret addiction to something else. I've never heard about anyone stealing the family valuables for weed, but coke, most definitely. Either way, it seems like he needs help. I've ran away from friends who are addicted to a substance and it only made things worse for them. Show some empathy and help your friend out.

13. Keep this kid away from crack.

14. wow tell this kid straight up to stop being a mooch and get a job. dont smoke with him anymore and if you do dont give him anymore

15. Hey all, I'm part of this group, part of the friends of this guy, also generally the first person to flip shit or say things bluntly (and get in fucking trouble for it), and to finish, I'm the guy who introduced the 'moocher' to my friends.

Let me just add a few things to the situation.

Firstly, man we gotta have a talk about putting shit like this up on boards, especially seeing what other 'friends' of ours are around here and might see it, WD...

Secondly, the guy doesn't 'never' have weed. The numerous times where I let him 'abuse' of my hospitality and sleep over at my crib, he almost ALWAYS had a fat joint ready for the both of us: he made sure he did every time, and if he had more, he would go nearly all out. For this reason, I can't fully hate on him. Of course he's greedy, but never has he refused to smoke us out when he was in possession (no matter how rare that has become).

Thirdly, it was mentioned we've only known him for a few years - not in my case. He's a childhood friend to me. We went to primary school together, got in shit many times, shared a lot, so excuse me if total exclusion is out of the question. When you've known someone that long you can't just deny them your contact, its a fucking stab in the back.

To finish, I've seen in him someone with some serious social confidence problems, problems that I've gone through myself, translated through a particular behaviour that I recognize quite well from when I used to smoke a bit too much myself. This includes examples such as the repetition of what others say to a comical, decisive, or dominant effect, without the proper tone, turning it into rudeness. I also think the whole stupid coin idea came from the fact that he's surrounded by people who can afford to buy fuckloads of bud at a time, and he's trying to fit in even though he can't allow himself to. Weedeluxe, think of who he's been hanging out with recently... with an 'm'...

With these problems in mind, I do agree that we need to have a talk with him (hey, I was the first person who told him how wrong he was for selling his heritage coin), but total abandonment of a person will only encourage him to go and make profit off of somebody else. Anyways - the fucker keeps making rich friends! The worst thing is he isn't even golddigging, they find him! (i've seen it happen)

He does take advantage of our supplies, but in no way does he stay friends with us in the sole intent of using our weed.

Now I just want to know, what could we do to encourage him to walk on the right path?

16. Just fucking tell him your sick of all his bullshit, it's simple

17. Honestly man, there's not much you can do.

You can talk to him, express your concerns, and hope he takes them to heart, but there's no guarantee that he'll change a damn thing. People never change unless they want to--nobody can force it.

And I'd really think twice about smoking with him from now on. It might do him some good to just have his friends be there for him while he figures out his life, instead of having his smoking buddies around to get him high and hang out.

If things are still not changing, you'll probably have to stop seeing him. Unless, of course, you enjoy dealing with his drama and general bullshit--but that's on you.

Good luck.

18. you gotta stick up for urself man. learn to not be persuaded by him asking you for shit. tell him straight up NO. its really not that hard