Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My friend had an anxiety attack/bad trip, what happened?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by token-Slex, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Yesterday was one of my friend's birthday, so we decided to hotbox. There were 5 of us smoking and one who stayed sober to drive. My friend, Rhea, seemed fine up until the point when we were almost done smoking. She initially was laughing really hard, which turned into crying. She then kept saying she wanted to get out of the car. We did and stood in the garage; she was sort of hyperventilating. I've dealt with anxiety issues since I was little, and I could tell she was having an anxiety attacking. We eventually got her to calm down enough to sit down. Rhea explained that it wasn't nearly as bad in her head as her body was making it look. Then another like wave hit her and she said she felt like she was going to hurt us and told our sober friend to not let anything dangerous happen to us. She calmed again until someone spilled a little bit of water on the floor. Rhea jumped on me saying she didn't want the water to get her. We calmed her down again and she started to lay on the floor, it seemed like she was kind of in and out of consciousness. Our sober friend suggested we take her inside and have her lay on my friend's bed. By then the rest of us were starting to sober up. We got her into my friend's bedroom when she just fell on the floor. She didn't pass out, or at least I don't think so, because she was conscious when she was on the floor. We made her a pseudo-bed on the floor and she calmed down more. Another maybe hour or so passed and she was a little quiet but fine. 

By the time the rest of us were pretty much sober, Rhea was still a little high but perfectly fine. She and I have smoked the most, I wouldn't have anticipated her having a reaction like this. I've heard that moldy weed can cause panic attacks, but our weed wasn't moldy and none of the rest of us had any adverse reactions. What do you think happened? And why?

2. She probably greened out

3. Sounds like she almost die-a-Rhea'd.

4. She had an anxiety attack. That is one off the effects of an overdose of cannabis. She just got too high and lost control of her emotions, it has happened to every smoker out there. If y'all only smoke every now and then just maybe don't smoke that much at once again.

Peace :wave:

5. She didn't want the water that was spilled on the floor to get her? Was the weed laced? No I'm kidding. I don't think it was moldy weed, but weed in general can cause certain people to experience panic attacks from time to time in addition to paranoia. I'm one of them, being old mine tend to center around fears of having a heart attack/stroke. But I guess if you're younger your mind wouldn't really be worried about stuff like that so it would have to center around other things.

You're a good friend for taking care of her and making her feel comfortable, panic attacks are super scary especially if she wasn't used to them or hadn't ever had one before. Kudos to you!

6. It's odd with me. I'm had anxiety attacks smoking weed once or twice. I don't know what it was.The one day, me and 2 buddies headed over to a friends house to go watch football, smoke chill, eat. Ya know just the usual. Me and a buddy were smoking all day, and our other friend picked us up around 5ish. We smoked and watched football, everything was fine. An hour or 2 later, coming home. I had a panic attack. A really bad one.I don't know. Sometimes when I hotbox , I feel real funny. Like minor anxiety. I don't like it, sometimes I feel like I can't catch my breath, my heart will start racing and ill start having an anxiety attack. HOWEVER, I MUST SAY I HAVE NEVER BEEN TRIPPING. OR AT LEAST AFRAID OF WATERSent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

7. @[member="Potlab"] @[member="HillbillyHoax"] Thank you guys so much. The idea that she just smoked too much makes a lot of sense because we all smoked more than usual. Even high me could recognize her panic attack; it was almost lucky that I've had them before a lot because I knew how to help her. Again, thanks guys!

8. Did you smoke a sativa?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. She could of easily smoked to much. I know if I smoke way to much in a sitting, I get to an uncomfortable state no matter how good the bud is. So it's good to know your limits. Another friend of mine gets the feeling that their shaking when they smoked to much.But keep in mind, weed isn't for everyone just like with other drugs or anything else in this world and doesn't do the same that it might do for you, to another person. Like some people LOVE the feeling of pain killers, while it makes other people feel sick. Her body could easily just react differently to weed or that particular strain.Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. It happens, and if he continues to smoke more it can happen again.