My friend got written up for being too competent

Discussion in 'General' started by Wet Horse Lips, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Yup.

He works at Tim Horton's, and the owner of the store wrote him up for being too competent at his post, which is usually on the drive-through. Not only is he too good at his job (fast, efficient), but he also acts too happy and confident while performing job duties and interacting with customers.

He got written up separately for that.

I dunno, that just blew my mind when he told me. Apparently he doesn't give anyone else a chance to try their hand at the job. BUT, he's only there because that's what the schedule always says.

2. well he shouldnt have a hard time finding a new job. seriously that guy is a douche. or he just doesnt like him i dunno

3. I would think that him being competent would result in better service, which is bad I suppose?

I'd rather get my coffee quick, handed to me by a dude who's got a smile on his face, regardless if he's smiling about making the coffee or not.

4. exactly. i like seeing people that look like theyre enjoying the job. its a rarity to get a thank you and a smile it seems. This is really a wtf

5. Maybe his uplifting, chipper attitude distracts from the quality of the food. People usually go to a drive-thru with low expectations, maybe he's raising the expectations of people by being so happy and people realize they're eating shit.

6. Maybe that's why I see morons taking my order most of the time.

7. That new "Under 75 IQ Only" policy isn't going down too well...

8. haha when i worked for ocharleys i could get away with murder there. i got caught smoking about three times, and just be fucked up out of my mind :eek:

On time we were rolling a blunt and the gm comes out and is like take that in the back parking lot lol

9. you guys are fucking pricks hatin on drive through tecnichians shame on you lol

10. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

11. Thats rediculous. Either you are too spaced or too competent. You cant win in america can you?

12. Looks like his boss is afraid hes about to take his job

13. Last time I checked, you can't find any Tim Hortons in America.

14. Must not of checked in awhile........

15. who the fuck is tim hortons

16. I can see that tho, a dude so "happy" it's almost a mockery to the people that just want their coffee so they can just get through their horrible day

17. that's bullshit, getting written up because you're doing your job?

18. I suspect there's more to the story than your friend is letting on/

19. tim hortons lol.. wtf is that

20. Tim Hortons is like Canada's Starbucks. They are in America too but I think only in the Northeast but Im not sure