My friend got pulled over and gave my name to the police

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kubla_Khan, Oct 30, 2009.

1. My friend whom had his license suspended, got pulled over a month ago, and he gave my name to the police. He told me, he didn't want to get caught up driving with a suspended license and a warrant out for his arrest. The thing I'm upset about is the fact that he didn't tell me anything, and i didn't even know until they sent me a letter to show up to court. I didn't show up in court.

The guy is coo, but i never gave him permission to do such a thing. He helped me out in the past, so, right now I'm conflicted.

Should i turn him in? He told me, he would be hit with major charges like: Giving false info to an officer, which is 90 days in jail and $750 fine, and he would also be charged with getting caught driving while his license was suspended.

I had a lot of run-in's with the law back in the days because i used to race, so i had a couple speeding ticket and other charges. But my records been clean until the incident that my friend brought on me.

He told me to show up in court and take the blame, then he would give me the money for the fines.

I don't know what to do..

2. Nice friends you got. I think you should administer a fatal beating

3. you didnt goto court? so now you have a warrant?

4. Uh... yeah thats fucked up. Depending on how close you are to this guy I say just turn him in. Don't damage your reputation and your criminal background because of this dumb fuck.

5. And what if the cop who pulled your friend over shows up in court? I'm sure he will recognize that its not the same dude he pulled over.

6. #6 vLaDii, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
    I don't understand...why don't you just go to court or let someone know that this was not you who committed the offense, you don't necessarily have to rat out your "friend".

Edit: I find some people lack the common sense to take action when need be, If you knew you were innocent when the court date arrived, you should have gone and fought the ticket. The officer would have showed up and clearly seen a different person and the charges would have been dropped...

See things can be nice and easy when handled properly.

7. First off any friend who would give them your name for something they did is NOT YOUR FRIEND! Dont be silly. Let him accept the consequences for his own actions and trying to fuck you over means he is no ally. Dont be a fool. your not obligated to help him and take the fall for him just because he gave you your name. He could have made up any name.

8. Your friend is a grade A dick head.

That is just fucking ridiculous. I wouldn't go to court for bullshit like that, that isn't something mutual friends do to each other. He didn't even fucking ask, fuck that.

9. yea. why didn't you just do this?

10. Because i didn't know what was going on...Until i brought up the incident and my he told me he used my name...I'm bringing him down to the police station with me tonight..Told him he has to man up and accept these charges for me..

11. I hope he gets what he deserves for being a dick

12. beat his ass but dont snitch even for something like taht

13. he is no friend of yours, he fucked you over giving your name and that.. so i wouldnt think twice of going and saying that it was not you and evan turning him in. y do the dude a favor like this when 1- you get NOTHING out of it?, 2- he didnt evan tell you he done that and 3- out of all the people he knew, he choose you.. good job on taking him down the station with you tonight..

Peace

14. exactly

15. id kill his pets. thats just me tho.

but in all seriousness, thats lame. he fucked up.

i would invest in some new friends bro.

16. So you would beat his ass and then you would take the punishments for all the charges he gave you since you wouldn't "snitch"?

17. A true friend would never pull this bullshit. I'd say turn him in.

18. What I don't understand is how he was even able to get away from that situation. He gave them your name, but what happened when they asked for proof of his identity? They don't just take your word for it. If he was driving illegally and unable to prove his identity, I would think he would be taken to jail.

19. What the fuck, he sounds like an asshole. You have NO reason whatsoever to show up in court. It wasn't you. All you have to do is send a letter back saying it wasn't you that did it, and maybe your passport to show who you are. Then cut that fuckbag out of your life because he's creating shit for no reason. But take the $700 he owes :smoke:

20. Don't take blame for his actions.

Tell him to suck your dick.