my friend gets out of rehab on monday!(:

Discussion in 'General' started by XxbignatexX, Nov 2, 2011.

1. [quote name='"XxbignatexX"']

Quite litterally you can't get addicted you just don't want to stop I don't think. And people telling you to stop just piss you off cause you feel unnaffected by the drug or you keep doing whatever it is for rebellion. In my opinion anyways[/quote]

Eh, people can get addicted to anything. All addiction means is that you feel a dependency or physical/psychological need to do something. If people can get addicted to gambling they can get addicted to weed :p

I used to think were addiction was BS but these days I admit that I'm addicted. If I don't smoke for a couple days I literally get head aches, irritability, etc. It is not nearly as addictive as other things.

You also said you didn't see the big deal about painkillers(opiates). They are literally synthetic heroin man, and just as addictive. I've seen many family/friends become opiate addicts and it is no joke. You can't "just stop", people coming off opiates and heroin are disgusting, vomiting and sweating and shit. So sad

2. You are right In a way. But there's a difference with mental and physical addictions and with weed you don't get the opiate addiction feelings. You feel like you said shitty for a couple days. Also, Painkillers aren't worth your time is what I should've said. For getting that bad to have more its pointless to have the small buzz you do get.

3. [quote name='"XxbignatexX"']You are right In a way. But there's a difference with mental and physical addictions and with weed you don't get the opiate addiction feelings. You feel like you said shitty for a couple days. Also, Painkillers aren't worth your time is what I should've said. For getting that bad to have more its pointless to have the small buzz you do get.[/quote]

There isn't psychological addiction and physical addiction, there's just addiction. Addiction has components that are both physical and mental, that's what makes it
    Truly an addiction. If it was just physical you could say "mind over matter" and if it was just mental you could say "it's all in your head." and painkillers don't give you a "small buzz", shooting up an opiate is the same feeling as heroin, it's better than sex dude. Seeing someone shoot up is scary as hell, people start drooling and shit

Not trying to argue, but I have like 30+ family/friends struggling with addiction to everything from cigarettes to alcohol to heroin, and I've been to countless AA meetings and don't enough research/writing on addiction to know that it's both mental and physical

4. Yeah I don't want to bicker either. But your right. Addiction is an addiction no matter what. I can deff feel ya bro

5. [quote name='"flamingflamingo"']what was he in for?[/quote]

Just for weed I think maybe pills

6. Rehab saved my life. I was forced in by intervention but still. Best thing i have ever done and clearest/cleanest i have ever felt was after that month. It all depends on how you look at it while your in there, and if you decide to take the things you learned and apply them to your life.