My Friend Gave Me His Plant

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by db4lyfe, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ok this was just harvested yesterday and its starting to dry and has a wierd fresh cut grass smell it had a skunky/sweet/spicy smell b4 it was taken from the plant i just want to get the best smoke there is no seeds very little stem if any im not in to big of a rush for it maybe i can quick dry like 3 or 4 buds just to get me by:D

Attached Files:

2. Looks pretty good man. Trim those leaves off and then follow the Curing stickys in this forum. Should come out pretty nice.

3. to be 100% honest i think it was harvested a few weeks to early but has a decent covering of crystals i smoked some of it while it was wet and it got me high so i guess it can only go up from here

4. Sub-par trim job...

5. yeah i know im not to worried bout it tho those leaves have crystals tho so i can deal with leafy buds :smoking:its just cool knowing that this was an organic outdoor grow by a good friend it was a 7foot tall plant the feeling when looking at something tall like that almost has a feeling of power from the plant idk maybe im just high writing this

6. You can make QWISO or hash out of good leaf trimmings...nobody likes leafy nugs.

7. #7 dragonsfire1988, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009

LOL yeah dude, a 7footer would astound me.

Dry and cure that shit properly and you'll be even more satisfied.

For a simple, easy dry, lay it flat in a single layer on a paper plate...like in your pic (use two or three, though, 'cause you've got a lot) overnight...should be dry by morning or mid-day. Make sure the Humidity isn't very high, and that you have a light breeze running over them to assist in drying. Then throw it into some jars or med bottles. Good to go! In a week, or two or three, you should have some dank smelling/tasting product.

Looks good from the pic. Leafy, yeah, but I'd be pretty satisfied. Even moreso with a good dry 'n cure ;)

EDIT: @ washedmothafuka....nobody Likes leafy nugs, but some people don't mind having them ;)

8. 7 ft around?haha that grassy smell is just the clorophyll leeching out of the plants totally normal wait at least till yur stems snap to jar it then open at least once a day till evenly dry

9. lol nahh man 7ft tall i should be able so start curing in another day or so which im excited for cause it really killer stuff better than what flows through here on the norm so i cant wiat the flavor is already starting to come back doesnt taste like burnt tea leaves has kind of a sweet taste that im guessing that can only get better:smoking:

10. Ohh yeah, dude...Each day of the cure is better than the one before it :smoking:

As much as I enjoy some good tea, I hate that tea-leaf smell/taste when it comes to some herb. Yuck.

Enjoy!

11. it kinda has a sweet hay smell thats really mellow i like it not to strong :smoking: its at the point not where i have my more cured stuff so i have 2 batches that are a few days apart so i can have smoke and some better tasting stuff when im done with the first;)