My friend/ex killed themselves...

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by alisvltprpiis83, May 20, 2010.

1. I'm kind of numb right now, but I just need to get this off my chest.
    Today, I found out from a friend that on Monday, an old friend, high school love, ex-bf, & former roommate killed himself. Blew his brains out with a gun. It hurts, mostly because I never got to say goodbye, since he was in another state for the last 4 years, but also because one of my friends now has to explain to her beautiful 7 year old daughter why her father is dead. Very sucky, all around, for everyone.
    The memorial service is Saturday, and I'm sending a card and some flowers for his mom. I can't go myself, because it's 100 miles away and I have no car.
    Thanks for listening/reading.

2. Wow that sucks. Its always weird when something like this happens to someone close to u. U never think it will happen.

My ex had a guy hang himself in her house because he loved her and she didnt want to be with him. People do crazy shit sometimes.

Sorry to hear this...

3. damn. i know that numb feeling :( its like your mind refuses to accept it and you like hope that someone calls and says its a joke. i feel your pain. one of my really close friends died not too long ago and im finally coming to terms with it..

stay strong. life goes on.

4. My deepest condolences. While I cannot imagine the confusion the living go through when someone ends their own life, I know what loss feels like. I hope the best for you and your friend. May she find strength for filling those holes in the heart that her daughter will feel.

5. Ima senior in high school and have had 2 of my good friends do it this year. Worst thing ever to go through

6. Thanks for the replies.
    I'm sending a card with friends to the memorial service. I've also decided to change a tattoo I've been planning a bit in his honor.

7. That's so sad. Well, if there is a heaven he is in a very better place..
    Keep tokin '

8. i watched my best friends mom get killed by her boyfriend that shit really fucks with your head man i know how you feel but like ten times worse