My friend doesnt want me around when Im stoned

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by John Lennon, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Okay, My "best friend" is a catholic guy.

Last night my mates and I were drinking and smoking some with weed. But my best friend felt uncomfortable. So he left the party.

Few days later I asked him why did he leave and he told me that he didnt like that we smoked. He told me that he knows that it cant kill you but he insisted that you can become an addict...

So, hes my best friend, but what would you do?

2. dont smoke around him? accept the way he has been brought up and just smoke before you hang out with him if its that important.

Also you could tell him that its less addictive then caffeine

3. Sounds like hes addicted to false beliefs

4. If you can accept his religion and choices and still hang he should do the same. If not he will just have his religion catered too in exchange for your freedom or he can deal

5. Well, what do you care about more?

Smoking weed or your bestfriend?

6. Show him weed is good and tell him to look at genesis 1:29 I think it says god put all seeds and plants on this earth for us

7. [quote name='"TheUltimatum69"']Well, what do you care about more?

Smoking weed or your bestfriend?[/quote]

I think that's unfair. If his friend has problems with weed but he has no problems with his religion then it is the friend who needs to decide.
    Religion or friends.
    Op is not the intolerant one

Be the john lennon inside of you

8. find a new best friend.

9. Knock some sense into him with his own bible

10. give him a special brownie without him ever knowing.

11. addicted to mcdonalds

12. Either educate your friend so he doesnt have such religous and non logical views about addiction or find new friends.

13. #13 Simmerten, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
    Tell him if he's going to leave a party because people are smoking weed then he may as well just not go to parties.

14. Talk to him like a man, face to face. Tell him how this is upsetting you and how you want to continue to be his friend, Maybe find a happy middle.

Just dont give him the whole "weed is not bad" talk. If he is not open enough to look on google for facts i dont see why u should feed him some. Maybe tell him that there is alot of information on weed now, and you would like him to educate him self a bit before you guys head in diff directions.

Best of luck...

15. Sounds like my little brother. When he first found out I was smoking pot, he told me to not even go around him while I'm high cause 'I act stupid.'

Little does he know just about every time I see him, I'm high. Funny how that works, I hope every night that he ends up trying pot and realizes it's not bad lol

16. Tell him he need to let go of his Zombie puppet sheep opinions. If he really knew the bible,he would know that YAH(jesus) gave it to us for our own good to accelerate the process of Evolution. Or you can just throw a scripture at em, because . It clearly says that God created marijuana for our use and says terrible things about those who seek to command abstinence or advocate abstaining from plants which God has created.God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you." or Ezekiel 34 calls it a "plant of renown". It also is an ingredient in Holy Anointing oil. And Abraham burned the oil in his lamp.

just show him the facts bro, he'll come around. Hope this helps.

17. Why are people even bringing the guys religion into it? People on GC just go rabid when they see the word Christian, catholic or god..

This guy just didn't wanna be around people smoking weed, what's the big friggin deal?

OP don't "do" anything, just don't smoke around him. People saying this guy should hang out with you while you smoke simply because you tolerate his religious beliefs are crazy.. Tolerating someone's religion isn't comparable to being directly next to someone while they're doing something that makes you uncomfortable.. Would you wanna go to church with him and sit there? Lol.

18. [quote name='"Bobby Blendz"']Why are people even bringing the guys religion into it? People on GC just go rabid when they see the word Christian, catholic or god..

This guy just didn't wanna be around people smoking weed, what's the big friggin deal?

OP don't "do" anything, just don't smoke around him. People saying this guy should hang out with you while you smoke simply because you tolerate his religious beliefs are crazy.. Tolerating someone's religion isn't comparable to being directly next to someone while they're doing something that makes you uncomfortable.. Would you wanna go to church with him and sit there? Lol.[/quote]
    Its not even just smoking. Ops friend doesn't like to even be around when op had smoked.
    Plus I don't think op would be offended if said friend whips out a bible. But friend would be upset over a joint.
    One thing to walk away its another to make someone feel bad about what they do just cause you don't agree

19. #19 Oh Well Whatever, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
    How about you both accept your own seperate beliefs and
    simply be friends aka hangout in terms and situations where you're both comfortable.
    Basically depends how much you value the friendshipand likewise for him.
    You're both adults, you can talk and comprimise y'know?

Edit: and again mods I think Religion ...
    and illegality (unmentionables, dating minors.etc.)
    Atleast*
    doesn't belong on the general sections..(or in the case of the dating minors, not on here at all)
    but in the specific place where it can be discussed rationally and not just trashed on by biased athiests who hate God and must profess a moral or immoral double standard.

20. [quote name='"King of Kings"']
    Its not even just smoking. Ops friend doesn't like to even be around when op had smoked.
    Plus I don't think op would be offended if said friend whips out a bible. But friend would be upset over a joint.
    One thing to walk away its another to make someone feel bad about what they do just cause you don't agree[/quote]

He's not making him feel bad he just left and only told the OP why when he asked him later. He didnt to be around people smoking weed so he left, it's his choice.. What's the big deal?

Your bible example falls flat because if the OP was in fact uncomfortable with his friend practicing his religion right in front of him it would be completely reasonable to not want to be around it.