My Friend Coughs Uncontrollably Every Time When Smoking And Hes Been Smoking For Almost A Year Now

Discussion in 'General' started by StonerBro123, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Hoping for some answers as to why my friend coughs SOO much when he smokes weed. and he's been smoking for a few months off of a year now.
    Is he inhaling wrong or what.
    Every time he has a pull of weed he litterally hacks up his lungs (and these are the smallest pulls ever, I don't even think its a second) 

2. #2 cothrantyson, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
    Why do you care so much? If he's getting high, what difference does it make?

3. everyone reacts differently, makes the world go round.

4. he says it ruins his smoking experience, and makes him feel embarrassed when around new people.... he's sat with me now

5. Some people cough some do not. I rarely cough and I would prefer to keep it that way. But some people enjoy the coughing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 Yegua, Aug 28, 2014
    I had the same problem, but it was for a while. If he is asthmatic, vape or put hot water on a bong. If you dont have none of those things, then your friend should just chill before a toke, dont inhale too much, and dont swallow the smoke. Let me know if it works for your friend
    P.S if your friend starts to cough, tell him to calm down, drink water, after he slows down or stops coughing, take a cough drops, so that it can relieve his sore throat

7. Maybe lung problem like asthma.

Ive always had a hard time inhaling any kinda smoke, mainly since as a human i wasnt really designed to. :p

8. #8 morange, Aug 28, 2014
    Everybody is different. I cough a lot, and I smoke a hell of a lot of weed. It's not too bad when I am smoking my own buds as I make sure that they are flushed and cured properly, but with random buds I can get in a mean coughing fit. I've been smoking for years and I've always coughed, like pokesmot247 said, lungs aren't made to inhale smoke.

Shouldn't be embarrassed about it, who cares if someone coughs anyway there's bound to be coughing when smoking pot.

EDIT: also cannabis is an expectorant, it opens the aveoli in your lungs to help clean it out, you're coughing is actually probably helping.

9. ahahaha!!! really! Hey man - if God wanted us to smoke he'd a installed chimneys through the roof of our mouths and out the top of our skulls. Amen? 

10. #10 morange, Aug 28, 2014

Imagine if we were made like that though. You could take some mighty big bong rips with a skull chimney.

EDIT: and for stealth purposes you can attach a carbon filter on the top of your chimney to filter the smell :laughing:

I almost did roll on that floor and laugh my ass off dude!

12. Lol, a skull chimney :rolleyes:

You guys are crazy :smoke:

My peoples :)

I was coughing a lot too from my weed smoking. I had to switch to a vape. It's helped a lot. I still like my bong but I'm trying to stick mostly with the vape and use the bong for a treat. Woof, woof.. 

14. It only sucks if you're tryin to be sneaky. A friend of mine hacks up a lung when we're trying to stealth smoke in my driveway on breaks from university, I'm like "shit dude, you wana get my parents all up on us? Hush hush now!"

15. As others have said above, we weren't made to inhale smoke.

This is blasphemy to say on a pot forum of course. To some, the love of pot is a religion, and dissent from the predictable linear thinking -- common among all religions -- is not to be tolerated. Pot is good for you! Good for your eyes, cures cancer (it didn't help mine though) and is good for your lungs!

Right.

At least for me, vaporizing didn't make any difference at all as far as coughing. It was maybe even worse than smoking a joint. But don't base anything on what I say. My lungs are fucking old, have been abused, and I'm probably on the verge of lung cancer. Haha, who cares? -- we're all gonna die of something at some point.

Coughing signals some kind of lung irritant. Be it bacterial, viral, or smoke, our built-in sensors work pretty well. Your lungs were designed to inhale earth's air for the purpose of extracting oxygen, not for inhaling any kind of smoke or pollutant that might be in the air. Like any animal caught in a forest fire, our lungs will react if irritated.

16. You don't cough you don't get off?

17. hahaha, had me crying in laughter imagining that

18. Vapes are worse for me for some reason. I never get as high, i just get tired and my lungs hurt worse.

19. I think I get higher with the bong than the vape. If the bong is fresh and has some crushed ice with whatever tasty liquid, I cant hardly feel the smoke in my lungs but I can definitely feel the thc in my head

20. honestly i dont buy the whole....lungs aren't designed to breath smoke....

i mean...if you've been around, and are versed in all substances/have had alot of experience with all sorts of substances..... you'd agree..the lungs is about the PERFECT route of adminstration for most substances..... it's super fast (instant) like IV..... our lungs are specifically made to be a living condition for certain bacteria that clean your lungs of material that's not supposed to stay there....

anywho, moving on...

some people cough, some dont....i've been toking for 15  years and i still cough my ass off sometimes...

this is really gonna blow some of your minds.....

you know that uncontrollable urge to cough marijuana causes????

an IV shot of methamphetamine, does it too.

uncontrollable urge to cough....and maybe even some gagging..