My floor is filthy (pic) how do I clean it?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by incrededibles, Jun 27, 2018.

1. IMG_0803.JPG

So I recently moved in and this floor is filthy. I tried a swifter. I tried vinegar, soap and water. Hasn’t made a difference.

This might be a dumb question but what would be the best way to clean it? I don’t have a mop. What is everything I should invest in to get this annoying task done? Could use some advice :)

2. 2 gall of gas and a lighter

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. funny

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. That looks like a color that was added to give the floor some appeal
    Get a big sponge and swab it down with a bucket of soapy water
    Lysol is a good floor cleaner too

• Like Like x 1
  5. I’ll try the Lysol. I tried the soapy water and the dirt is stubborn AF. I wonder wtf the people who used to live here were doing, having mud fights in the house?

6. Hmm, is that texture I see in the (laminate?) flooring?

May be as clean as you will be able to get it OP, if it's old it won't ever become sparkling since the natural color has also probably faded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. hahahahahah I accepted this after trying bleach

• Like Like x 1
  8. Do like I did in my basement once the poorly painted cement floor started chipping... get a huge ass rug! Haha.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. My go to solution for my crappy kitchen floor (which is laminate covered laminate) is foaming shower spray. I get the Kaboom knockoff for $2 a can from the dollar store and use it on the perimeter. After about 10-15 minutes it's done it's magic and I can wipe up the grime with a paper towel and clean the area with a soapy sponge. Then for extra sticky messes, like grease and glue, I use googone and a putty knife then clean the area with soap and water.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Is that terrazzo? If so using those chemicals isn't going to do much, other than get that dirt and grime out of the corners. If it's indeed terrazzo, to make it look good, you'll need to seal it and buff it for it to look good.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ugh this is terazzble!! :/

12. OMG don't say that! Well kept terrazzo is beautiful. Are you in Florida by any chance? That is the only place I've ever seen terrazzo is houses.

13. Bleach, pour some bleach into a bucket with water, get on your hands and knees and scrub it preferably with a rag or a sponge, spray a mix of baking soda and water on it after you scrub then let that dry.

14. Crazy, what is this terazzo stuff? I was really interested in bamboo and cork for a while but never really saw it up close in person.

15. with a scrub brush and bleach and soapy water.

16. Rent a floor buffer?