My First Two Plants: Janet and Marilyn

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by quadragon, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Hey, hows it going? I actually started these two plants 6 weeks ago, and havent gotten around to creating a thread, but I have been taking pictures close to every week, so take a look at them and tell me what you think!

What my set up has:
    -Two Flourescent bulbs, 1 is standard white, 1 is a natural white.
    -Two large growing pots
    -Miracle grow bloom booster (I read the back with what elements and in what percentages, I think it was a pretty good choice, 9 bucks and all the nutes I'm going to need!)
    -2 amazing little weed plants grown from grade 6 seeds. (About the only thing I know about them is that they came from some pretty good bud, so one can only hope right?)

My soil mix:
    -Topsoil from outside that has beed microwaved to get rid of mold, bugs, other plants, infections, etc. About 10%
    -Potting soil, organic. About 60%
    -Peat moss. About 20%
    -Ground up fertilizer, and worm castings. The remaining 10%

I water them about once every 1.5 days, and feed them 8oz of miracle grow solution each every week. My water is all collected rainwater and I make sure to shake it to keep it full of air. I fertilize my leaves and my soil, and I spray the plants with mist about once a day.

Anyway, enough jibber jabber, here they are! (Janet is the bigger one)

View attached. Janet is about 1 foot tall now, Marilyn is about 6 six inches. Keep in mind these are the same two plants. The first pic shows how Janet grew a crazy long stem, which worried me, but I managed. The rest show there development basically each week up until the present. Just gotta hope for those males! One quick question: If I use thread to help my plants grow upright, would this harm them? When should I take the threads off?

Attached Files:

2. they dont look half bad bro, looks like they started out a little stringy but they bounced right back.

thread will not hurt them, just dont tie small loops around the stalks, keep the loops big so they have room to grow inside the loop and they can use the same peice of thread their whole lives.

just a personal tip bro, miracle grow kills pot or at least makes it suck and taste bad.
    google it, MG is NOT good for weed.

and you should try to get a few more lights, you will notice growth will speed up exponentialy.

if u get a sec stop by and check out my grow threads in my signature!! see u there bro!!

keep up the good work!!