My First Training Plant: We're Training Each Other

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Fnc17, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Heya guys/gals

First time growing and wanted to show off my plant.

History of plant: Sex unknown. Time frames are a close guess.

I found a seed in a "Blue Dream" nug. (Not sure about strain, was told BlueDream on purchase but turned out to be shady)

Threw it in my tomato pot on the balcony to discard and it sprouted.

It got morning to noon light for about 2 weeks until it was reaching for light and about to die. I wasn't trying to grow it. But, curiosity got the best of me.

It's been in its closet home, 4 gallon pot I have drilled great drainage in the bottom and drilled uniform holes around for air. Poor mans air pot. Using materials I had.

Tranplanted into that pot with Black Magic soil. Set up with CFLs, cool and warm. Fan blowimg and fungi fly traps of water and flypaper. (Fungi flies are super bad here, have to top pots with sand)

Gets real sun from for 3 to 4 hrs in the mornings then in its light space. (See ruler shot with white reflector bristol paper)

I water about every 9 days. Doesn't seem overly thirsty. Plant rarely droops or shows signs of dehydration.

Since this was a hobby plant to see whats up, I have played with training.

I have LST a bit. It has been topped in 4 spots, and I have manacured it a bit. (Removed hand size fan leafs and smaller clumps underneath.

Currently approximately 6 weeks in veg, 12 inches tall and 14ish wide.

Slowed down its growth a bit. I assume I stressed it from all the topping. Again, no hurry, I am not only training the plant, I'm learning as well.

Unless I am mistaken, its got 13 bud making spots on it easy if it turns out to be female.

Thoughts on my little attempt to grow something other than herbs/veggies?

Thanks

D
    20170327_074034.jpg 20170327_074127.jpg 20170327_074154.jpg 20170325_155642.jpg 20170325_155230.jpg

2. I would never recommend LST unless you have a perfectly healthy plant and right conditions from the start.

3. Everything I have done was an experiment thinking the plant was going to die, again, I had no real notion of trying to grow, but it beefed up pretty good and I started playing from there to see what each thing i did affected the plant. So I trained it where it would let me, topped it, let it recover, topped it again, etc. I am done stressing it out, gonna see what it does from here.