Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My first toke. Ever.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PlantofPleasure, Feb 8, 2010.

1. This might be true, yep. :) (unfortunatly) hehe.
    Maybe i should try to meditate a bit, cant hurt :rolleyes:

2. Meditation and or Yoga will help with relieving sttress and retaining focus. And while
    Most of these include a focus on breathing exercises, it's very good for your lungs. I like to relax and take deep long breathes before I hit the piiece especially, I personally find it helps to warm up your lungs.

3. Ill do some meditation to soften my tense brain and body before next smoking-session.
    Seems like it might help.

Maybe put some really really laid back music in the background to make me chill out as much as possible. Because if i just open my little ziplock-baggie with my stash in it, the smell itself makes me excited haha.. :p

4. #64 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    There's no words that can accuratly describe what ones high really feels like.
    For me, I act very normal, sometimes smoking with friends they even question my feeling the effects. I get very relaxed and chilled out, sometimes I get a hazy feeling, but that's only if I'm really high or just very tired. I do it mainly to relax, I face daily stress and cannabis is my only medicine, I don't think I would be where I am today without it.

Edit: this is what I do while getting ready to get high via smoking-
    Put on some relaxing chill music, then prepare the bong/bowl watever, get all my supplies I might need while smoking, get a cold bottle or glass of water, then I sit back and try to relax my muscles while thinking about what I plan to do afterwards, which is usually listen to music or go online, solve a puzzle, ect
    Then I carefully select a song i'm in the mood for, drink some water and start breathing in slowly and deeply through my nose, holding the breathe in for a second, then exhaling through my mouth.
    I do this breathing for a moment, then I exhale just about until my lungs are empty, then put my mouth to the piece and take a hit. I aim to focus on the music and it sounds so amazing.
    Woah sorryfor writing so much!

5. I eager to get that relaxed chilled feeling, i really do. Will do my best to make sure i get it right next time ill smoke. Actually im going north to visit a couple of very good friends of mine. They are my best friends, and i think i might be able to chill out more when i got good company. Theyve never smoked, and i will be introducing some green to them when i arrive, somewhere in March i suppose.

BUT, i will most likely toke some on my own aswell, so ill give your advice a hearty try, good to get some tips and tricks on how to handle this the correct way.

Dont be sorry mate, im learning from all of this so its a good thing aint it ;) hehe.

6. Try smoking with some buddies. They definitely can help relieve tension.

7. I like to toke on my own as well, I find that even with my experience I can get nervous around otheres while smoking and sometimes I panic and can't enjoy it.
    A few reasons that I like to toke alone, IMO:
    you can do what you want to do, go where you want to go, listen/watch what you like without debating it, ect.
    You can relax and look at the big picture without others there to influence your experience or opinions.
    No pressure to do anything, like I said no outside influence.

Everyones different on this preference though, some like to get too fucked up and do stupid shit with friends.

8. I remeber my first time. seems like years ago which i guess it was ha but i smoked a joint and remembered getting really paranoid about my eyes and how i smelled. Really didn't get that high just a buzz like you had. The second or third time though was my true first high. It was dro to:smoke:

9. Haha sounds like my first time getting high. I was on a dirt hill in the woods with my friend and felt like I was floating away. I felt really sick and paranoid at first, and I could barely catch my balance hahah my friend was getting so pissed. After we got back to her house I just felt really good though.

10. #70 PlantofPleasure, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2010
    Hehe true words there NYCdeisel.

I guess its like you say, all about personal preference.
    The first times i wanna get high im not gonna overdo it like last time, thats for sure.
    No friggin tobacco for me.. and not that much toking. I think i did a slight "overdose", thus getting paranoid and really anxious. It might have hit me too hard to be my first time.
    My tolerance might also be quite low, which makes me even more vulnerable to the amount i smoked. ;)

GreenMan19:

Yeah i suppose some get just a buzz the first time or even second time they smoke, some might need to "get used to it" a little more then others, even tho im not really sure why that is

carrythezer0:

I also experienced dizzyness, mightve been due to the tobacco-mix i used though.
    Still, first time is hardly never a complete success i guess, atleast for most people?
    However, i also felt REALLY good after i had my minor panic-attack :p
    I went to my local gas-station and bought candy for like 60$ and ate it all up, before i fell asleep
    with a faceplant in a bowl of cheesypoofs. :D

11. Some decent doses of nicotine / tobacco can be deadly if you aren't used to the nicotine, as for bud, you didn't overdose, you just got really high for the first time, and you were not used to it, smoke again out of a nice glass pipe and you should be fine.

12. spliff, blunt, hookah, and in a tobacco pipe as a topping are the only times imo they should be together (and the last really is still a wierd circumstance)

13. The very first time I smoked, I didn't get high either. Even though I'm almost positive I inhaled right since I had smoked cigs prior to that.

No worry, I wasn't dissapointed and you shouldn't be either. It will happen, just remember you can smoke more but you can never smoke less. Take it slow and don't think about the 'high coming on, just think good relaxed thoughts and wait it out.
    That's what I did and I never had bad experience for a while until I smoked too much one time, that's when I learned from the mistake of continuing to smoke without realizing it.

14. haha 60 dollars of candy is crazy... Man, I went to Wawa afterwards (we also met up with a few other friends that night and smoked more ;)) and the Italian sub that I got was seriously one of the best things I ever ate. I guess your first high is usually the best haha.

15. JayQ:

Im not sure about that actually (if i really got high).
    Might have, but it got ruined by an immediate panic-attack, and paranoid thinking.
    But i noticed i was really chilled afterwards.. :) and had the big munchies.

NYCdeisel:

Yup, i know.. ill cross fingers n toes for my next attempt, hopefully itll bring me
    more of a pleasureable high than last time. Like JayQ suggests, im going for a glass pipe, and maybe some other stuff aswell (some of it thanks to you hehe). :)
    Never tried one, but shouldnt be worse then my wooden pipe.

carrythezer0:

True that :)
    I might have gotten high, but that was like i stated above kinda ruined by the fact that i experienced some anxiety and felt uncomfortable because of this.
    Hopefully my next toke will be for the better! :)

16. The munchies is a good sign of high sometimes.. but you would know if you got high. Sometimes it's like that panicky and paranoid, sometimes it's a very chill hyper happy high, you never know, but it usually goes chill high once you've been smoking for a while, i suggest as soon as possible get a hookup on some good bud and smoke a bowl, and you'll be set, wood pipes work also, i just prefer glass. Just because you have a panic attack it won't ruin your high unless it's actually serious.

17. Well i felt woozy, a tad dizzyness.. heavy eyelids, racing heart (not that fast according to my gf but i felt it different), slight feeling of losing control, checked my pulse all the time, was really anxious and was a little spooked out. I also felt tingeling in my body, and for a brief moment i was shaking a little, while feeling cold. Feared that i would pass out, and something went wrong.. somehow. But after an hour with anxiousness, i managed to relax more.

18. I kinda like that feeling actually, that's how i get when i take a lot of vyvanse/aderol. I usually only get tired when i smoke herb though. I'd just say try it again. You'll get over it trust me, and you should be inhaling deep for about 5-7 seconds or longer.

19. #79 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Man I will warn you right now, be careful with The Munchies!
    A lot of people change their eating habits and become out of shape because they end up smoking often(like everyday) and indulging themselves every time with junk food. You will find it helpful to eventually start planning out what you eat after smoking. Sugar and junk food may taste good, just keep it to a limit and keep some real food around.
    Another thing that works for some is to eat a light or healthy meal/snack before smoking. Drink a lot of water as well with it, some get dehydrated easily while smoking. Water helps cottonmouth and red eyes.

You shouldn't really hold smoke in for more then 5 seconds.

20. fresh fruit is AWESOME high. give it a shot. if I have an orange or apple around, it's actually 10x more appealing than a bag of doritos when I'm toasted. healthy too.