1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

My first time

Discussion in 'Absolute Beginners' started by moody, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Well here I am growing my first ever baby!

This is my first time, I've never really needed to grow anything myself before as I was living in Lebanon where the hash flows freely.

Now that I have moved to a country where it is virtually impossible to get hooked up without serious risk of incarceration I have taken up indoor gardening.

It began about 5 weeks ago, I kept some seeds while smoking BANGO in Egypt (unknown strain). After coming back to my present country of residence, i germinated them in some damp cotton wool, 2 sprouted within 48 hours. They were quickly planted in separate pots of soil. A week later a got some new saplings which I put into one of the pots.

I supported the taller plant (which was in the same pot as 4 later germinaters) with a matchstick - head down. 3 days later all those plants were dead or dying.

Lesson 1: Sulphur present in a match head is NOT a nutrient!!

Anyway, I was left with one healthy plant (and I sure hope its a girl).

Attached is a pic of my girl, she looks healthy enough. The lateral groeth seems to be very healthy and fast but she hasn't been gaining ANY height at all in the past 2 weeks.

Two weeks ago I repotted her into a new pot, it was easy enough and she didn't seem to take it too badly.

A week ago I started fertelizing her with 7/3/6 fertelizer which I watered down to about 1/3 strength.

Tomorrow, I think I will give her a good dose of fert + water.

My questions are:

1) are the fluros that I'm using enough? they are 45 W each..

2) When can I take some cuttings to clone? Will it slow the growth at all?

3) How long should I keep the light s on for vegetation before I switch to 12/12?

Attached Files:

• baby.jpg
      baby.jpg
      File size:
      67.1 KB
      Views:
  2. How are your plants doing??

are they still growing good and strong or have they turned stringy?

Im just wondering

Thanks

Grasscity Deals Near You