Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My first time making CannaOil/Brownies..

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by RyannDanks, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Alright. All I had to work with was 3 grams of no-name dank, and the forums were down when I did this and google is fucking stupid.

The brownies called for 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, and here's what happened.

I broke the weed apart by hand, into pretty small little bits, heating the vegetable oil up for about two minutes, on the setting between Medium and Low. I then added the weed, and stirred it and whatnot for about 25-30 minutes. The little peices of weed were brown, and the oil was pretty brown, not light brown and not super dark brown, but like inbetween, more towards the dark side (haha.)

I then drained it into the measuring cup using a white coffee filter, (has no holes in it, was not mesh) like the ones you buy in the store for the coffee maker >.<, it took forever but it strained the oil only, not the ground up bud of course, and made exactly 1/2 cup of oil. I then used the oil right away and put it into the brownie mixing bowl with the other ingredients as soon as the oil was strained; I didn't let it sit over night or have it sit with the bud still in it for a few hours or anything like that,

Do you think this made potent enough brownies..? I'll have a pickup thread in Stash Jar in a few to check there in you want to see what the bud looked like.

Thanks, really appreciated.

2. sorry to say but those are gonna be some bunk brownies. You didn't pre-bake the weed before you added it to the oil, didn't let it cook with the oil very long, didn't use very much bud, and you didn't properly grind up the bud.

edibles are generally a waste if you don't give them time and you don't use enough bud especially if your gonna make brownies. Next time i'd recommend you try making some firecrackers or some cannapeanutbutter to spread on some bread or something if you don't have much bud or time.

3. I read a guide that did not tell me to pre-bake the weed and shit.

Pot Brownies

I followed those directions, and also cooked it as long as it said to, so.

4. That recipe is amazing I've used it 3 times and it has never failed me. The brownies might be a tad bit weaker since you didn't use the 5gs but just eat another one to compensate. I never pre baked my weed but I did use a coffee grinder to pretty much turn my bud into powder.

5. #5 RyannDanks, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2010

Yeah, it worked good for me

6. No need for the name calling =/

I made brownies just the other day. I didn't pre cook the weed, but they turned out great. I made cannaoil, let that cook for about 20 minutes, then instead of straining it, I just kept the weed in it. Not the best tasting brownie I've had, but still edible and still is potent as all hell haha.:smoke::smoke::smoke:

7. sorry haha but how much weed did you use, bro?

8. I'd say about 5 grams. I don't have a scale, so I don't know for sure lol

9. haha :) i may keep the weed in next time. Potency > a little bad taste lol

10. i am about to make brownies, i used the same canna oil recipe, i used a 6.5 grams for 2/3cup of oil. i was wondering if the brownies smelled while they were in the oven?

11. Not at all bro. Only while making the oil