My First Time Grow Operation

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pumpkin Man, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Hi Folks:

Since I'm the Pumpkin Man, I thought a bold orange text was most appropriate. Anyway, on with the post.

I am attaching some pictures of my grow, and this is my very first time so I know I made some mistakes, but all in all, I think I did pretty good. I planted 10 THC Bomb seeds, and 2 Sour Deisel Seeds. Out of the 10 THC Bombs, 4 actualy germinated. Both of my Sour Deisel seeds germinated, but unfortunately when was putting earh worm castings, I droped a clump onto the seedling and killed it. So I have a total of 4 THC Bomb plants and 1 Sour Deisel Plant. 03 Sour Deisel.JPG

05 Sour Deisel.JPG

02 THC Bomb.jpg

01 Group.jpg

04 Ultra Violet Lights.JPG

You will notice that I use those little Halloween black lights for a little added Uv. Anyway, I think I'm about a week or 2 away from beginning my flowering. Any experts out there to give some pointers? The first & second phtos are my sour deisel. The others are my THC Bomb, and of course I shot a group shot of all 5 of my plants.

2. A Very impressive first time, they look great. Anything specific are you wondering about?

3. Very nice, plants look healthy. I'd love to see how this strain turns out, keep us posted! :smoke:

4. Looks great healthy plants nice green

Look into reptile UVB bulbs I put a 160 watt in omg trichs are crazy check the thread

Sent from iPhone 5

5. Thanks folks. As for something specific, I was wondering when I should start the 12 light and 12 dark. I was also playing with the idea of gradualy working my way into the 12 & 12, by starting out with 1 hour of dark, then 2, then 3, and so on. Or should I just jump right to 12 & 12 when it's time?

The Pumpkin Man

6. I'll definately look into those Reptile bulbs, Freeborn. Thanks for the tip. The more I learn, the more successful my next grow operation will be.

The Pumpkin Man

7. Straight to 12/12 when your ready. I'd say wait till you see pre-flowers then flower.

8. Thanks, ImagineAll. Then that's what I'll do, and I'll be posting more pics as the grow continues to progress. For my next grow, I was considering 3 different strains. The seeds will come from Nirvana. I am also going to go with feminized seeds, as I don't want to have to deal with sexing. The 3 Strains I would like to grow are:

1. White Widdow
    2. Black Jack
    3. Wonder Women.

I know I made a few mistakes with my 1st grow, so I am going to try to avoid the same mistakes when I start my 2nd grow, which will begin after I have my family party in May.

Mistake 1, I germinated my seeds in these pete plugs.

Mistake 2, I think I would have been better off with deeper flower pots

Mistake 3, When my seeds arrived, they sat in my mail box for about 8 hours or so, and it was about 3 or 4 below zero.

Nustaje 4, I used Miracle Grow instead of a good organic fert. I did use a lot of earth worm castings, though, and that's probably what saved my crop.

The Pumpkin Man

9. It's all trial and error man you have to try and fail to get it right IMO no one has perfect plants everytime lol not even me bahahahahah jk I do no but that MG will take a while to kill plants it's the time release food in it that kicks in later and it's water sealed so the more water the faster they dissolve its for lazy house wives who don't know anything about plants but want them around lol

Sent from iPhone 5

10. Thanks, FreeBorn. I am going to get some good fert high in Phospherous and Potasium on my way home from work tonight. MG is okay if you're growing a vegitable garden in your yard, but I don't think it's the best thing to use for growing weed.

The Pumpkin Man