My first time cloning, leaves are getting light?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by GreatGrammy, Jun 10, 2018.

1. DSC_0347.JPG This is my first try at cloning. These have been in this incubator for a week today and I just noticed a bit of light green color showing up on the leaves which tells me there is some deficiency? Sould these have rooted already? I used root powder but when I look at the bottom of the rapid rooter it still just has that spongy brown bottom. No sign of anything. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clones will sometimes start to yellow as they use up energy in the leaves to root. Patience is key now

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hey GG, did you remove some of the plantlet's skin tissue before you popped it in the rooting hormone? It tends to accelerate rooting. Other than that those clones look very healthy considering their age. You should see roots soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Usually takes like 14 days to have roots

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. yellowing is normal just keep waiting.
    on another note, you really want to trim most of the leaves off when cloning so to prevent it from photosynthesizing too much and concentrate on making roots.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Thanks friend! :)
    Hey grower! Yes, I did a little scrape. I got some throw away knife from the store I buy my supplies at.(soil, etc.)
    Thanks puff! I thought they were dying a slowwwww death. lol
    Thanks Sc00by! I will remember the leaf cutting.

Thanks for all the help friends! It really means a lot to me. :hola:

• Like Like x 2
  7. It's normal, mine are far more severe than yours were, turns out mine was because the light was too intense so they started to yellow up pretty bad, but once it rooted, they started to stay nice and green and happy.
    They kind of suck nutes from the leaves to make the roots. Expect weird growth patterns and such.
    The ones in the plastic pots are from seeds, the ones in the fabric pots are clones that were clipped about 17 days ago.
    Yours look great!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Hi! Thanks for the info. and thank you for sharing the pics! Your babies also look great! My clones may be a bit too close to the light too but I'll keep an eye out for the yellowing :)

9. Yeah, basically if you give them too much light they try to photosynthesize, and part of that process is attempting to take nutes from the grow medium, if there is no grow medium to take nutes from since it has no roots (the issue I had, not yours), it kind of cannibalizes it's leaves. Try and keep the light they get down to ambient light. They don't need direct. Since I made this correction I've noticed quite a difference in my clones. Yours don't seem to really have that problem, looks very normal and healthy :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Thanks! They are growing under an Agrobrite 8 tube 4 foot T5 fluorescent light :hola:

• Like Like x 1
  11. You need to snip edges of leaves so it can eat , it will make clones happen faster Google it and you'll see the best technique

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thank you! I'll check it out! :) One clone has a few roots coming out the bottom I noticed a few minutes ago. I'll post a pic later today! Thanks everyone for your help its been and is very exciting and fun watching these clones!
    :Love-Plant::hola:

• Like Like x 2
  13. I have 2 clones that have rooted, both Pure Power Plants. The 4 Aurora clones haven't rooted so I cut the leaves, correctly I hope? Do I put the whole rapid rooter in the soil along with the clone like a transplant?
    DSC_0363.JPG DSC_0364.JPG DSC_0365.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Looks great GG! Yes, transplant the clones straight into soil....don't want to break off the new roots ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thank you MOM!!!!! :hola:

• Friendly Friendly x 1