my first successful bagseed grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Grumpy, Dec 7, 2004.

1. i started this plant roughly 3 months ago, began to cut the light back about 3 weeks ago.
    using no ferts, only the miracle grow potting mix for this one...
    seems to be doing fairly well :D
    i was told the strain was skunk #1 but i'm not very certain it is. (we all have friends that bullshit right?)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      105.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      98.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      88.9 KB
      Views:
  2. same set

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      103.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      79.8 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      73.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Hmm look alright, what is your wattage on that HPS of yours?

4. Wow, those look impressive, particulary for the height. What size pots you growing those in?

5. 70 watt hps, 88 watts of floro tubing (wide spectrum) and a simple 23 watt cfl.
    using about 4 gallons out of a 5 gallon bucket.

6. llooks like a sativa to me :D youre in for a treat my friend, but daym its going to take some time to get there!

7. updated:) just fed it a bit of 20-20-20

Attached Files:

8. HIGH All, it looks like your Flowering are you not? If so 20-20-20 is good for vegging not Flowering. Other than that your Girls look great....keep it up.

9. i'm completly dumbfounded when it comes to nutrients, i used whot i had. what type should i use? i have some ferts for blooming rose bushes

10. I am weeks away from going 12-12 with my first grow but from reading the middle number (P) is the one you want the highest for blooming. Your ladies look fine...*sigh* seems like all the good ones are taken hehe

11. updated:

my baby made it through an entire weeks vacation, i had a family member water her once the week i was gone. i've come home to that stench in the next room! its beginning to turn a bit colorful, the hairs are beginning to turn....

how long til i harvest?

Attached Files:

12. Grumpy,

nice looking grow, keep them going as long as you can. I'd say you've got another couple of weeks to go, they'll really start filling out in the last 2 weeks. The smell will get worse too, mine aren't too bad until about 6 weeks into flowering.

Happy growing.........
    Polski.

13. Updated!

looking grrrreat! my first real grow i dont have the heart to cut her down!
    i'll let her live a couple 2 more weeks...

on the curing... ok, i'm a bit confused, where im from the majority of the bud we get here comes through houston from mexico, all of which is grown outdoors... i'm guessing the way they cure theyre bud they simply hang it upside down right? the ounces of bud im talking about are street worth 35-60$$ an ounce. this bud breaks up very dry and shakey, sometimes crumbles to nothing when you break it up..

very rarely does some good kind bud come our way.

now, i know i have a good enough plant to produce these gorgeous kind buds i've been drooling over the past few months... on various websites/magazines

the question is,, how do the pro's cure their bud?

do they simply leave the buds in mason jars to get that dense soft fresh nuggest that i love so dearly?"? or am i stuck with having bud that crumbles to pieces?

Attached Files:

14. wow, that is sexy...

15. Nice but I wonder why everyone rushes to flower?

You could get that thing to SoG into a plant that fills 6 feet by 6 feet by 5 feet nearly square by bowing it across...

One of my latest grows side shoots is as thick or thicker and bushier then that whole plant...which is kinda shocking as almost every grow is similar to that no matter what the experience. Just a rush to grow...

Btw just curious as to where you picked up the idea to rig your HPS security light like that?

16. whot exactly do you mean by 'bowing it across'?

im limited to a small space!

and about the light,,, i hadn't the will to make my own hhorizontal reflector, so i just improvised :)

17. Run some string from the floor or wall to the top of the box and use a zip tie near the top. As it grows you bend it by simple pressure and angle force on the tie. No breaking no major stress..

As you go along the top stays at one side the bucket or whatever moves across the space to make it grow sideways an low. 9ft something on my girl with all the nodes as thick as most peoples flowering plants. Should have a fully functional bow thicker then a bic by her cut an cure demise.

You might be better off taking the hps down and sticking it upside down in a ceramic planter or something as it's not good to have something that gets that hot near cardboard. Besides that it's really the lower leaves that need intense light when you move your flos to the top. Some grow up some grow down...it looks weird but the bud is sweet. Anyway nice grow...just get it safer without all that damn paper dude.. cause if you start a fire they can an will break the door in to put it out and if they find shit they do have to alert the authorities.

18. [quote name='As you go along the top stays at one side the bucket or whatever moves across the space to make it grow sideways an low. 9ft something on my girl with all the nodes as thick as most peoples flowering plants. Should have a fully functional bow thicker then a bic by her cut an cure demise.[/QUOTE']

....................................And if you understand that Grumpy you're a well intelligent man, mind you, he must be smoking some good shit to come out with something like that.:)

As for drying and curing, I think it depends on the size of the buds. The main colas and any other branches with reasonable sized buds on them I would hang upside down in a dark cupboard for 10-14 days or until the stalks break with a 'snapping' sound. The smaller buds I just chop off the stalks and put them on a bit of paper in my cupboard with the hot water tank in it - they dry enough to be smoked in 7 days or so. Either way, whenever the stalks make that snapping sound when you break them, you can put the bud into your jars - give them a bit of air twice a day for the first couple of days, then try and resist for as long as possible !!
    The bud from my first grow tasted amazing after 6 weeks in jars, pity I only had about ½oz left at that stage, but trying to resist smoking it takes a stronger will than I've got !!

Hope all goes well for you man, enjoy your smoke

Polski.

19. my lady filling out just before harvest.

Attached Files:

20. i tried getting photos of the everything, however i could not, i harvested twice, i took off one of the big buds first, then days later took the rest.

ill snap a pic of the little buds in my jar when my batteries get charged ;)

Attached Files: