My first stealth grow. (Lots of pics)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by CBDASynthase, Feb 2, 2010.

1. #1 CBDASynthase, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    I planted these on January 15, and decided i should put up a grow journal. Ive never grown before so this should be an adventure.

If you want to see pictures of the first two weeks, or ones i didn't include in the thread you can look through the album here.

So i made a new grow box, and just transferred them in a few days ago.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inside the grow box:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Close Ups:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I tried to top this plant a few days ago, but i don't think i cut enough because the leafs grew cut.
    [​IMG]

They have been on a 24/0 cycle since birth, and i just switched them to 12/12 today to try and sex them. Do you think its to early to do this? Also, will it shock the plants to go from a 24/0 to a 12/12 cycle so quickly?[​IMG]

Thanks, looking forward to everyone's input!

Update 1:
    So i put each plant into individual containers, i know there small but its all i have room for.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Hey if i was you i would get those out of the sme pot asap not after you sex them

3. Looks like a nice stealth box. I would put each plant in its own pot, though.

4. I didnt think that it mattered that much, im just kinda cramped on space. If i put them all in their own containers, is it ok if the containers aren't that big?

5. You will need to transplant as the plants get bigger, cause they wont have room for roots to grow if they stay in a small container and wont grow as fast/be as healthy. What kind of soil are you using? It looks a little cakey by the pics, but your babes look good. What kind of lights are you using? If CFLs, try to get them up close and personal, about 3 inches away from the tops. This will make them nice and bushy:)

6. hey i havent been on for a while but u told me bout this journal and i wanted to see it it looks really cool aha

7. Im using some type of miracle grow, and ill be sure to move my cfls down closer. Thanks!

Haha thanks Ricardo!

8. Man miracle grow is bad news from what i've heard, with the time released ferts and stuff. If I were you, I would transplant them into a different soil mix soon, and individual pots/containers.

And have you considered LST? It works fantastic on these stealth grows with height restraints. It will help greatly when flowering with cfls too, and increase your yield. I dunno, im not all for the topping/fimming idea. Dont be afraid with tying them down too, MJ is really resilient. They will love it. My plants are about the same size as yours right now too, i currently have them starting LST and in a stealth box. Sorry for the rambling, I'm pretty buzzed:smoke:

9. #9 CBDASynthase, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
    Well ill be sure to get some new soil, thanks for the tip!. I just put them into individual cups, i know theres not much room in them but its all i could fit. I tried the topping thing but one of my plants hasnt grown at all were i topped it, and others the leafs just grew kinda cut. I must have done something wrong ill look at some tutorials. Updated pics coming soon, i have to get them off my phone first.

Edit: Pics are up

10. Wow, kinda forgot i made this thread. Anyway, just for fun here are some updates. Ill update this more regularly.

I recently killed my males, so the three plants in the big pots are all female, the ones in small containers are just experiments.

Sorry for the bad pictures, they were taken with my iPhone.

This one is the only one with a name (and shes the biggest to!) her names Samantha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are my other two females.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these are a few seedlings that im trying an experiment with.

[​IMG]

Im going to get some nutes later today, i know they need nitrogen but anyone have any suggestions on brands or other nutrients?

11. Samantha is lookin beautiful :love: a little skinny though, but all good! :D

I would get a LOT more wattage in there man, those seedlings look stretched as hell.

Just my 2cents:wave:

12. I currently have four lights in there, but the seedlings were in another grow box i had but with only one light, so that might be why there stretched. but ill throw an extra light in just for the hell of it. Thanks for the suggestion!

13. Ah I see. How many watts do you have going for the flowering plants right now?

14. Wow, look at that stretch, I dont think 5 cfl's would be sufficient for the amount of plant's you have in that box but it's a start. Samantha look's amazing though, like lusherism said though, she is quite skinny, what kind of fan you have running in there??
    All in all, good looking plant's, I see you prune of the big fan leaves, I also do this to great results, you should LST with pruning because it promotes branching and if you had LST'd samantha, you'd be looking at about 20 instead of 2 top's.
    But ye, get some lower watt cfl's also with little or no heat and use them as supplimentary light's for the lower part's of the plant, you can touch them against the leaves without burning and they'll get their much needed lumens, say an 11w/7w cfl should work just fine.;)

15. Thanks man, and ive been running a tiny pc fan (about an inch and a half in diameter) i dont know how they survived. I need to get a better fan but i dont know were to buy them.

16. So first off, Samantha's pistils look kind of burnt. Heres a few pictures of them. Is it too hot or is this normal? Shes only about a month into flowering.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyway, here are some updated pictures.

Samantha:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One that i topped while it was young:

[​IMG][​IMG]

My other flowering one:

[​IMG]

Still in veg:

[​IMG]

17. About your pistols, it's either you've been touching them too much and their dying out but in that case I wouldnt worry, they'll grow back white again OR and this is worse, they could be pollinated :eek::eek:
    Make sure there's no males about.

Nontheless, your galz look good

18. Well i havn't touched them at all, but there were a few males in the box before but I pulled them out before and flowers opened (i think). Are there any ways to tell if she got knocked up? or do i just have to wait and see?

19. word ur plants be lookin nice man speccially samantha yo she be gettin huge man