Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My first shot at making BHO... 34 Super HQ photos

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Closet Smoker, Jul 29, 2009.

1. I'm an oil head now fasho!

2. And Im jealous...fo sho.

3. first time? looks like you had fun, good job man

next time do it right though - whole buds, hot but not boiling water, and PURGE IT! (not sure if you did or not, didn't see it in your post)

enjoy

4. Sorry, I dont mean to hijack the thread, but why are you supposed to use whole buds? And what do you mean by "purging it"? I'm guessing hot but not boiling water is to avoid heating out the THC?

5. The better quality your nugs are the more important it is...grinding the buds only yields a fraction more and increases the amount chlorophyll, plant matter, and some particularly untasty terpenes in the final product

To purge you simply put the dish over hot water (not too cool, not boiling, just hot...say 180 degrees) and allow the butane to almost fully evaporate, and then pop the remaining bubbles with a butane torch. If you don't purge at all or do it incorrectly, you're smoking butane (albeit not a whole lot of it), and that shit is gross.

You want hot but not boiling water because the higher in temperature you go and the quicker you boil out the butane the lower quality the final product will be, not necessarily less potent but definitely less enjoyable

6. redic piczzzzzz! :eek:

7. I still remember my first oil run with some Lambsbreath and Purple Power :smoking: nearly blew up my house, but ended up with this (stolen from my tokecity profile because i'm lazy)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. used to make bho out of schwagg, and then smoke the already been bho'd leaf with the oil on top of it. sounds stupid, but it didn't seem to really reduce much from the already been bho'd stuff and the bowl with bho in it certainly packed a harder punch. Found this out by accident when i was desperate for a smoke and found my bho tube with leftovers in it. It does smoke a bit harsher though, and I only would make like two short passes of butane.

9. Dude, I was scopin this out yesterday, and those I was wondering about those lil glass tubes cause I coulda sworn I had a test tube I took this last year in hs...

I found it, and lo-an-behold!! It already has a perfect hole in it haha I'm definitly trying this out, thanks for the idea, and +rep fo sho for that amazing lookin honey.:smoking:

10. I did do whole buds, We had to carry the hot water down a flight of stairs, so it was not boiling at all when I poured it. And I did purge it...

11. really great photos.. I'm a newb I don't really know what BHO is & don't have the time at the moment to read up on it, but the photos look really cool. are you a photographer? they look so awesome... hyper-stylized sorta like the opening credits of the TV show Dexter.

12. My mistake, I saw your thread on my phone so I guess I didn't see very large photos...didn't know you also purged, I'm on my laptop now and I don't see any pics of that at all so I just assumed you didn't want to use a torch :hello:

13. Hashbean is a good teacher. ;)

14. Such sick pictures, I really enjoyed them. I've gotta try that man, I bet that shit got you pretty damn stoned.

15. Thanks for the info. I'll give it a try soon:cool:!

16. can u still smoke the bud after making oil?

17. Can you? Yeah....if you dry it completely it's possible...but you damned sure don't WANT to smoke it. A few years ago in Raleigh when BHO was still relatively unknown I made the mistake of teaching a friend of mine who sold a whole lot of schwag/mid grade how to make it and he would run the same herb 3-5 times and then mix the used pot back in and sell it for the same price...it's not a good thing, and regardless of how much you dry it inhaling butane is not good for you I'm sure

18. #38 Closet Smoker, Aug 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2009
    So, another BHO run over at Atlbuds' place... He ran 11.8 grams this time and got a real nice batch.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Purging
    [​IMG]

then spray again...
    [​IMG]

(It was raining again... the door is open though.
    [​IMG]

And purge again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Popping the bubbles with a torch.
    [​IMG]

mmm...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BHO made in the A.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. oh gawd, so luuushhh!

20. dankkkkk man, glad your enjoying the BHO, me and my friend used to make it all the time, dont exactly know why we stopped, guess I'm going to have to make a batch soon, enjoi it my man :smoking: