My First SCROG Grow - 3rd DWC

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ganja Ganja, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Nice setup, dude. Looks like you'll be having an exceptional grow this time around. Recommended screen size is 2x2, you'll have to be careful with 1x1 but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Sticking around to watch this one. I hear the ICE is very potent.:smoke:

2. Thanks dood... do you think I'll have any light blockage issues dealing with 1x1's?? That's really all I'm worried about, I'm pretty sure I can fit the stems through the 1x1 without a problem, just don't wanna steal too much light.

3. Update 5/1/09

Well I finally got a good camera, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. The girls look phenomenal.

Initial Problems
    We had a bumpy road in the beginning, mainly because of a shoddy pH meter and bad buckets. Our first buckets didn't have mylar tape around them, and we found a lot of pond scum in the buckets. The buckets had been nagging me for a bit because my water level indicator wasn't big enough and the drain hole was too high, so we decided to just remake them.

This time around we used the mylar tape all the way around, the transplant went well and the water has been scum free for 2 weeks.

We also changed up the air pumps and put much stronger one in, boy did we see results. The stems doubled in width in a matter of days after changing the air pumps. Next go around I'm thinking of using an even bigger pump with a large ceramic air stone.

Feeding Switch
    Originally I was changed nutes every 10-14 days and using pH'ed water without nutes to keep the water level up. I noticed, however, that the plants would always start to yellow and dry out a little bit the more diluted the nutes became.

So today I changed the nutes out again, but then I took a 3rd bucket and mixed up 4 gallons of nutrient solution in it. I'll use that bucket to fill the two bubble buckets and maintain proper water level. I'll see how this goes, but I have a feeling the plants are going to appreciate the extra nutes. We'll see. The beauty of hydro is that I can fix my mistakes extremely fast, which means faster learning.

Shit the pictures won't work, someone tell me where I can post pictures safely for viewing here. They're 2megs each nice and high res. Trust me you wanna see em!