My First SCROG Grow - 3rd DWC

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ganja Ganja, Feb 23, 2009.

1. I used a stanley blower from home depot and modded it to fit my ventillation ducting. The thing is SUPER quiet, even on high I can barely hear it from 5 feet outside the grow room. I know the inline S&P's are very quiet as well, I've seen it used in server-cooling facilities.

2. If they are perky again than they have probably rooted and restored water pressure, success!

But if it hasn't been about a week then yes, please get a dome on there.. Spritzing is not recommended and is not a substitute for humidity. You could even use Saran Wrap or something like that if you needed...

3. Okay okay okay... it is now Day 4 for the cuttings.. they're perky as hell and look great without a dome... butttt... I'm gonna put a dome on there for the next 3 or 4 days just to be safe.... thanks guys

4. Here's a pic of it covered with plastic wrap... i misted the wrap before putting it over it. Is this going to be effective, something doesn't feel right about it?

I can't find anything better to make a dome out of right now... only thing I have big enough to put over it is a 5 gallon paint bucket but that would block light.

And to continue the discussion for education's sake... I've seen several successful bubble cloners that didn't use any sort of humidity dome. They do look great, but they have not rooted yet. They seem to be drinking through the stem... I cut all the leaves to minimize perspiration...

I almost want to continue without the dome for experiments sake, but being that its my second attempt at clones I'm just not willing to fuck around anymore.

Appreciate all comments :D

Attached Files:

5. Hey Ganja Its looking really good, I wish I had as much space as you but we all have to begin somewhere. I will definetly be paying attention to your grow.

6. Ah! jesus. get that plastic wrap off there. I should have been more clear, you should try to make a dome out of the saran wrap if you can... stick a stake in the soil a couple inches taller than your plant and wrap it around that..

Please let us know how your babies are doing :)

7. Lol there is no soil, the things in a bubble cloner!! Ahh, I'm so confused... off comes the saran wrap. I have no dome that will fit that though... Lets hope its okay without a dome... (I've found upwards of 10 different people saying they've had success with bubble cloners without a dome on GC and other similar sites)

8. PS the clones look really healthy... I've even seen some growth, a few of the leaves that were tiny baby leaves have grown quite a bit and are much larger.... 2 of the clones seem to have continued flowering a bit even after being transplanted (a few calyxes burst open with a bunch of tiny hairs coming out)... Still no sign of roots :/

9. Any roots yet homes?

10. not yet :-/ they still look healthy though so I have hope. Update when I have one.

11. You got 1 nukka w000t

12. WE HAVE ROOTS!!!!!

I'm not even gonna post the picture, because my camera phone won't do justice. I'll take a proper picture soon, but every single clone is showing signs of multiple roots. They're all spiking out for about a half inch of the stem in little buds like a battle-axe lol.

So pumped, figure I'll be ready for transplant to the DWC's by Monday. Pics and Updates to come..... PeACE

13. goood shit dude good shit. what was that like 10-14 days?

14. 10 days, first sign of roots. 12 days now and like 40x growth on the roots

15. Good Luck on your grow. I have used Ice often and this will be fun to watch. You should really like your smoke when its done.

Please Note: "Anything I say is just an attempt to be part of "the cool crowd" and not from personal experience. Only things I have read and dream about. I have an active imagination everyone says"

16. Ah I've been mad busy recently. The root hairs are about 2 inches long now. These pics are from a few days ago. How long can I let them go in here before transplanting to the bubble buckets? I'm thinking I'll wait until their about 3 inches, which should make the roots touch the bottom of the netpot in the bubble bucket.

Should I continue nute-free for another few days in the bubble cloner?

Attached Files:

17. Looks great... can't wait til I see the same thing. :hello:

Those roots are 2 inches long?! How big are your clones?

18. Not there they aren't. Those pics are 2 days old. They are 2 inches now.

19. Good shit dude, you move them into their new home yet?

You gotta see ice flowering....mmmm i'll try to get some pics for you. Gettin frosty already at wk 3.

20. UPDATE #I forget?

Transplanting
    Transplant success. The grow room is now in full operation. I would have some beautiful pictures for you but for some reason the HPS kills my camera phone. Check it out, those horizontal lines only occur when the HPS light is in the display.

Buckets/Nutrients
    I decided to go with 2 bubble buckets and no res for this first shoot. There is a ton of things I want to change for the second round but I'll save that for its own post. I'm using the LUCAS formula, mixing the nutes in another bucket and using a hose to pour into the net pots.

The nutrient solution is currently about 1'' above the bottom of the netpot and submerging the expanded clay pellots and beginning of the roots.

Ventilation
    That big fan you can kinda see in the pic is pointless, the way it is it doesn't have any intake so it doesn't work and its way to powerful for the room anyway. I'm gonna have to get something better in there, probably just 2 rotating clip on fans. The intake from the light and blower create a decent amount of air circulation for now.

Noise
    The water pumps are considerably louder than I had planned for, so now my closet's humming but oh well.

Questions
    I'll update once the roots get a decent mass going, looking to begin scrogging in 2 weeks. Do you guys think 1inch chicken-fence is too small to scrog with? How large do the holes have to be, I mean as long as i can pull a branch through its ok right? Is there a question of light loss due to the scrog?

Peace

Attached Files: