My First Scrog~DWC~Bubble Buckets

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by bogie420, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Wow very similar indeed :) My next grow should be up and running by the weekend. I bought a 400w MH conversion bulb for my HPS ballast. I just want to see how good it works in veg vs CFLs. I am changing things up a bit this time though. I am going to do two ladies under a little bigger screen. I will also be recirculating with a seperate res. I was a hassle getting in and out of the single bucket last time. This time I will get to flower the whole time with HPS. This plant was under CFLs for about 5 weeks. I cant wait :)
    If you have a journal, shoot me a link, and i will check it out :)

2. #102 forgot2wipe, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009

Asking Q's on THE BASICS of an Ebb&Flow system tells me he hasn't bothered to even read a sticky. However, I'll take your advice and lighten up... starting by lighting up!
    And yes, I've made PLENTY of dumb-posts at our poker-forum, but 99% were intentional. Acting like a complete idiot causes others to underestimate my skills, which pays off at the tables. Rarely works for me these days though, unless it's a newb (which is EZ prey regardless). LOL.

Back to subject, which is actually NOT the subject of this fine thread... I shouldn't have mentioned the 'asking Q's when the answer is staring you in the face' thingy and meant no disrespect at all. For this, I apologize.

I now return you to Bubblin Buckets...

3. Bogie...
    Still curious about the Day 21 flowering clone. I recall one tutorial on Super-Cropping claiming these have a low success rate, therefore you should take several extra clippings / clones to compensate and ensure you get the number needed for your next grow. Did you do this? If so, how was your sucess rate?

Really strange looking plant it turned into. I knew to expect a low, bushy plant... but yours hardly even resembled MJ. LOL.

4. #104 bogie420, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009

I took 8 clones, 21 days into flower. I kept two, one of witch is now a mother, the other was the one in my scrog. I gave the other six to a couple of friends, and they all survived. They took a while to reveg. I recomend letting them re-veg completely before starting your normal veg period. The node growth was crazy. I also FEMd her. It looked real crazy for a while but turned into a nice looking plant. I didnt have a real good shot of the mom so i posted the best one i had.

Attached Files:

5. Even more detailed... it also instructed to take clippings from the lower branches and remove all buds EXCEPT the very top. Did you do this? LOL. If so, where did the top bud go once the clone took root? Hmmmm... although 21 days isn't enough time for much of a bud to form, I suppose.

Sorry... this whole 21 day flowering-clone thing is interesting to me, but seems so strange. I'm anxious and nervous at the same time. I want to make damn sure I do it right, is all.

Thnx for the info and leading the way!

6. F2W
    Check out this....I journaled a bud that I did clone.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/450091-germinating-sure-grow-1-5-inserts.html
    start on post #38

+rep'd ya

7. #107 bogie420, Nov 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2009

I did take from the lower branches, and i did leave the top bud. It was quarter sized. When the plant re-vegged, the hairs shriveled up and eventually the bud was gone. Before they shriveled up, the hairs turned a dark purple, they were really pretty :)

I found a few pics of the clones I took. The first 3 pics are day 5 after cloning. The others are from right after I cut them.

Attached Files:

8. You don't cut your fan leaves in half. The plant will concentrate more energy on the roots if you cut your fan leaves in half with some scissors.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T07--heDYHc&feature=PlayList&p=100D8C23407F0735&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - How to Clone Marijuana - Cloning Marijuana[/ame]

Go to about 3 minutes in. I have seen this done tons of other places as well. I just wanted to toss in my cents. As far as I know you probably did cut your fan leaves after you took those pictures.

9. I didnt cut the leaves on those. I have cut leaves before though. I didnt really see a big difference. Had roots on some of those in the pics in 4 days. One of them though took forever to root. I cut the leaves on the last batch of clones i took, 10 days till I saw roots. It seems to differ everytime either way I do it.

10. #110 bogie420, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2009
    I will have to say that my first scrog has been awesome. I have learned so much. Some things i have already applied to my next grow.
    I will be starting a new journal tonight or tomorrow. My 400w MH conversion bulb will be here tomorrow. My clones are ready to go. My new system is in the box, and running flawlessly. I may go ahead and put the clones in tonight and just run the T5s and a few CFLs.
    My buds have dried and are a really good smoke. Very smooth with a fruity taste. I now have them in jars curing. Its a real good high that last a few hours. More of a brain buzz then couch lock buzz. I probably could have let them go a few days longer.
    Here is a Jar-O-Buds for your viewing pleasure :) Also a couple shots of the system. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

11. Wow, everythings very nice. +r

12. Looks good!
    Go ahead & put them in your new system now!
    So, that was a harvest from one plant?
    What is the weight?
    Did ya have much popcorn?

13. Thats just one jar in the photos. We got right at 70 grams dried from the one plant, 2 large mason jars full :) I don't think its enough to do us till next harvest though. All I am trying to do is grow enough to get us from harvest to harvest. I am tired of paying good money for shitty weed. Anyway, I am happy with the results. I learned a lot. I now know how I am going to approach the next scrog differently. I dont think I let this one veg enough after the training was done. I want a little more vertical growth from the next one. I certainly think that this is the best way to maximize yield for CFL growers. I am going to grow this same strain one more time, 2 plant scrog this time, and learn all I can before I purchase good seeds for what will be my next grow. I just want to make sure I am good to go before I spend money on seeds.

14. Good seeds, fem'd, are $5-10 each. Then for 4 months of my time and increased electric usage, I'd rather be learning on the good strains I want to smoke. Because there is a learning curve on every strain.

That'll be 2 cents for my opinion:smoke:

Either way 2.5 Zips under Cfls is F'n Great!

15. Feeling like Bogie is my long, lost twin...

I too am waiting to perfect my grow before purchasing good seeds. Not only do I want to make ALL (or most) of my mistakes before moving on to better strains, but I'm also curious to see the improvements from bagseed to WW or some pretty PURP when grown under the same conditions... much like seeing the improvements when upgrading from CFL to HPS. It's an on-going battle and no need to rush things. Even AFTER we get to the point of purchasing good seeds, it's still not over... Co2 enrichment comes last, which I already have a tank and regulator. Friggin environmental controls are expensive.

Whoooaaa.... one thing at a time!

Such a fun and rewarding hobby.

16. On the other hand, if you put it like THAT... kinda seems like we're waisting our time with bagseed. LMAO.

:laughing::laughing::confused_2::laughing::laughing:

17. Congrats on your success dude.

AGREED^^^^

18. I totally agree as well. :metal:

19. #119 1000Hz, Nov 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
    I agree with 77401, really isn't that hard to grow some plants, may as well start off with good stuff that will be worth all the effort.. Just my opinion though.. For my first indoor grow, I started off with some killer strains and didn't lose one of them. I would say start with good seeds, a lot of bagseed will go hermie on ya.

Hope all is well bogie, Outstanding job with the SCROG, glad she rewarded you with a decent harvest.. Take care bud!