My First Round of Clones

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GroManGro, Apr 13, 2012.

1. So here are some pictures of my clones, i took about a month about they first two in the gray pots caught root in about 2 weeks and the one in the orange pot took 3.They are on a 20/4 cycle. So the 2 (gray pots) have been in there for about 2 weeks and i have just been going by and spraying them with a water bottle every 3-4 hours, just to enough to keep the soil moist. Which now is starting to become a burden, So my ? is How much water should I be giving them?

I've been looking around and can't find a real answer, for clones that are just a few weeks into veg.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. You don't need to spray at all. Watering cycles should go from moist all the way through the substrate to about the top quarter of the soil being completely bone dry.

Once clones are rooted, they no longer need the increased humidity and get vegged like any other plants.

3. So how much water do i give them??

4. Whatever it takes to wet the soil all the way through. You can gently pull a plant from its container afterward to see how thoroughly it was watered. Only pull plants in dim lighting as roots don't like light. A good soil mix will only hold the right amount of water, letting excess run out. When a soil is too spongy & holds too much water, gritty substances like Perlite are added to increase drainage.

There is no rule of thumb for watering every plant. The soil, temps, humidity and even the strain all affect watering needs.

5. Easiest way to tell when to water is to lift your pots. You will get the feel for when they are dry.