My first real indoor setup!

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by michigander, Feb 22, 2009.

1. sorry to hear that man. i hope it warms up enough for those babies to survive. i live 20 minutes south of minnesota, so i know what youre dealin wit waitin for good outdoor ocditions. hope everything works out for ya.

2. allright things are happening, and not good things. I suffered from a ph problem for a little while, but found an apperent remedy; an organic supplenent sulpher based soil acidifier. New growth looks good.
    I also brewed a tea of 2.5 Tbs. all purpose org. fert., 2 Tbs. dried blood, and 1.5 Tbs. soil acidifier. In about .5 gallon.
    I will feed with water at 1/4 cup to a gallon of water in a day or so.
    Will post pics tomorow.

3. why do you have multiple plants in the same bucket?

4. Thanks Hendy, the reason i have several,ie;3-6, plants in a single bucket are for these reasons, 1st, limited space and money, 2nd, it was easier, 3rd, in nature all plants live together!?
    However it has had its fall backs, like not being able to treat each plant as an "individual", which i now realize is manditory.
    Alot of other problems arise from that, ph, water, nutes, light, air ..... Fuck ive got alot to do!!
    Anyhow i cant keep em Ill plant them out side, maybe find em, maybe not.
    Just trying to keep em healthy for now. Any advice?

5. some new pics, any advice or commments?

Attached Files:

6. day19 plants are starting to take off 5 and 6 leaf sets in 1 inch on most, a couple are leggy w/ less leaves and 1 is an absolute runt, only 1.5 inch w/2 true leaf sets. Any how will post more pics at 28 days, should be ok

7. quick uodate; i trasplanted the 3 in cup to a 2 gallon bucket, i orderd seeds today straw haze, blu chz, lem skunk, north lights, white widow, thai skunk, and durban poison,some fem some not. pretty excited though still dont know where ill put current plants will post pics in about 2 or3 days.

8. plants are lookin good my friend. and ill be watchin what you got comin up, those are some nice strains you got picked out. keep it up man

9. #29 michigander, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
    DAY 25, here are some pics i just took, they are looking allright i think, with a few exceptions, one plant just wont grow, not sure why but its only got 3 leaf sets? Ill pull it soon. As for multiple plants an single buckets, kind of a pain in the ass, mostly because of shading n such. However the bucket w/ the most plants has the largest n healthiest plants so i dunno. Ill be moving them to a new location where the will have much more room w/ the exception of the best 3 which i will keep closer.
    (note pic three has a small sweet basil plant in center)

Attached Files:

10. allright, some new developements. Most of the plants are starting to grow lateral branches, But still no sign of sex.
    The buckets of the best seed are really starting to fill out, and have gone from behind the others to ahead w/ no sign of slowing. Ill pull the runt today, and hopefully theyll show sex by the end of the month so i can cull a couple since im moving. Which brings me to another cross road; i have to move my entire grow, which i only set up two months ago.They shouldn't be to big to move, if they get to big in the next 10 days ill plant descretly outside. Either way im keeping at least 6, and at least 3 are going outside, out of 15, if they do sex selection will be easier.
    the new room is huge! a full size basement bedroom w/ concrete floors,
    a closet for moms and clones, white walls, and only 1 tiny window. However its not "sealed". Meening there's a gap between the top of the walls and ceiling (because of rafters). And Ill need more lights atleast another 400 watt Hps and cfls. Ive got flourcents(2 dual tube 48" cool white) that should work well for veg w/ the cfls.
    BUT I REALLY NEED IDEAS TO SEAL THIS ROOM! PLEASE!!!!!!
    Ive got some seed of some very aromamatic varieties on the way. And my house(and especialy the outside) cannot smell like stawberry haze and lemon skunk. so please help!!!!!!!1

11. #31 michigander, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
    We lost one. When i transplanted the 3 from the cup i tried a new soil i mixed, seemed fine so i fed as normal. The next day all 3 were neon green/yellow and droopy. Today 1 died. The other 2 may also. :eek: But the rest look very healthy.

12. Allright i got my seeds today, only 5 buisness days!! Im so stoked, anybody got info on growing any of these varieties; Strawberry Haze, Lemon Skunk, Blue Cheese, Northern Light Special, or Skunk #1.:devious: IMSOOOHAPPY!

13. #33 michigander, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    Here are some new pics. I cut the 2 smallest plants out of the Mids bucket and tied the other 4 down. Of the BBS all 3 look pretty nice. BBS #2, 2 died 2 lived and might be the healthiest(both BBS and BBS#2 were topped, as well as 1 Mids).All of these first 3 buckets have very healthy root systems growing about 7 inches out of the drainage holes, definitaly needs transplanting. However i have to wait 1 week til i move, then at the new house all 3 buckets will be transplanted from 2.5 gal to atleast 10-12 gal tubs.
    The 2 in the odd bucket, the ones that look like shit, are going to be plannted outside on the last night. I may not be able to harden them off, as my area is sketchey.
    PICS 1;BBS, 2;BBS#2 filling out, 3; MIDS, 4; The shiters.:wave:

Attached Files:

14. Look good bro, keep us posted!

15. Thanks alot iMilk, there should be some interesting developements soon. Keep ckecking in. peace

16. nice stuff...looking good

17. looking real nice man:)

how much was your light ?? im looking into buying one

cant wait til these get bigger, ill be sure to check back

x

18. Thanks for all the positivity everybody!!!! The light is a 400 Watt HPS that i got online for about $150. Worth every penny. i need another.

19. #39 michigander, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    UPDATE!!! So i got the whole grow over to the new house. i also transplanted them from their 3 gal to 10 gal tubs. The room needs work, but it will be great. Slowly but surley i am finishing it. And now for the pics;1 and 2 are the room; 3 and 4 are BBS#1(3 plants); 5,6 and 7 are BBS#2(2 plants)(pic 6 is my favorite plant); and 8 is the MIDS(4plants).

Attached Files:

20. Wow... looking beautifull bro. Im jellous. Seem's like we started at the same time, but Poof, your done took the fuck off. Congrat's bro. Be back checkin on this