My First Real Grow

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by bmc86, Jan 26, 2012.

1. [quote name='"thesage3"']

ya I thought it was ur little secret`service agents watching ur grow looks like you got urs from the mexican cartel.lol[/quote]

Lol I think hes a skinny aistrailian ganja farma

2. slurry test is taking a 2to1 medium to distilled water I use a coffee scoop and carefully dig down into the rootzone take 2 scoops and put in container with lid add 1 scoop distilled water shake up good let sit for at least a min some say longer then take ur ph reading I like to dump in coffee filter and strain. just make sure to always keep prope clean and wet. the reading will give you a better understanding on whats going in. and yes I think 6.3 is too high 5.8 is what you want. and don't freak when ur reading comes back high don't try to flush to correct the prob just feed at maybe 5.5 5.2 for a couple of feedings.

3. #163 bmc86, Apr 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    I think its ph spotting not a calmag problem. I was actually going to flush the plant in a few mins. I havnt done it once since seed. I tested the ph of the runoff and it was 7.2 so I think I should flush it then feed at 5.5?

4. The ph was way too high in the soil so I ended up flushing the plant and feeding at 5.2 for a few days. it worked perfectly, the plant has perked up and no new leafs have spotting on them.

Il be harvesting in roughly 13 days.

5. Some of the brown leafs are left over from the ph spotting but apart from that the bud is starting to look very apetizeing. One of the buds seems to have abit of neon green going on.

Attached Files:

6. Roughly 9 days till harvest !!! Cant wait!

7. have you checked the trichomes?

8. Yep il harvest when they are big and bursting lol il have a look on google later I cant remember if they are ment to be brown or milky white when its ready. I say roughly because thats 8 weeks of flowering. I have a 200x usb microscope im useing to check the trichiomes.

9. Bro.
    Those need longer.
    They're not done.

When are u counting 8 wks from.

If u wait it will be 10x's better.

10. you need to wait til the CALYX's swell, not the trichombs. i think they stay the same size.
    look at this plant.

[​IMG]

this plant is almost done. il problly let her go another week, and even then, thats kinda early.

just sayin.. :)

11. I had a feeling that it wasnt done yet, that why iv been saying roughly x ammount of days. I have an app thats called days untill, I started the countdown from week 4 when I got confused about how long the plant had been in flowering.

12. so depending on your light size, youll notice certain things.
    i never really got dramatic swelling from calyx's, it took forever for buds to finish under the cooltube i had. that was a 400.

mostly youre looking for the pistils. see how yours are still white and sticking out? you want them to be receded back and orange or whatever color they are (red, pink, etc...) like the ones in the picture i posted.
    the trichombs help, but can be misleading if going solely from that.

:wave:

13. [quote name='"fif3l"']so depending on your light size, youll notice certain things.
    i never really got dramatic swelling from calyx's, it took forever for buds to finish under the cooltube i had. that was a 400.

mostly youre looking for the pistils. see how yours are still white and sticking out? you want them to be receded back and orange or whatever color they are (red, pink, etc...) like the ones in the picture i posted.
    the trichombs help, but can be misleading if going solely from that.

:wave:[/quote]

Yes I am watching the pistels, 1/3 have gone brown.

I have about 200w of cfls
    1 cfl 150
    3 cfl spirals 20w each

14. Hmm, as an isolated point -because I'd agree they don't look done- judging harvest on pistils can also be very misleading, more misleading than trichomes I'd say. Pistils can either regrow or die off due to many other factors than plant ripeness. Bear that in mind. And judging them based on how swollen the calyxes are, under fluorescent lighting, is also a bit of a minefield. You could wait forever for that to happen in low wattage light. The swelling we might see from main branches under 600W of light, is not going to happen to a lot of buds some distance from a fluoro.

15. You got some pretty nice buds for that amount of light.

16. I know im pretty shocked myself

17. I have been useing calmag and monitering the ph of the runnoff(6.0) and ph'in my water to 5.5 and I am still gettin the brown spots, they get bigger from the inside out and consume the entire leaf.

The bud leafs are starting to get a the spots now and im starting to think this isnt a ph or calmag problem. Any other ideas??

Il post this in the help threads aswell.

18. too much calmag switch to spring water till they improve no nutes.I had the same prob what happens is the cation bank in the coco gets replaced with cal and mag and gets to a point that ur poisoning ur girls. or at least locking out other nutes. I stopped using calmag altogether I use cns17 and ripe and pbp cause even if you use the cns17 thru out at least with my strains its just to much cal after the 2cnd or 3rd week in bloom.

19. [quote name='"thesage3"']too much calmag switch to spring water till they improve no nutes.I had the same prob what happens is the cation bank in the coco gets replaced with cal and mag and gets to a point that ur poisoning ur girls. or at least locking out other nutes. I stopped using calmag altogether I use cns17 and ripe and pbp cause even if you use the cns17 thru out at least with my strains its just to much cal after the 2cnd or 3rd week in bloom.[/quote]

This problem started when I wasnt useing calmag. The bottle I have says 2ml per 1L and im useing 2ml for a 1.5L bottle so maybe it needs increaseing to 3ml? I went on a diagnose it webpage someone sent me a link from and the website shows my problem perfectly and says its a calcium deficiency so im going to increase the dose to 4ml for 2 days to make up for the deficiency and reduce that to 3ml then 2ml over a few days. If it keeps spreading il stop useing calmag altogether and see if it stops spreading.

I will cut all the spotting leafs off tommorow and see if any new spots appear over the next few days. If too many new spots appear il cut them off too and stop useing all nutes alltogether and only use water. Il use the oppertuninty to flush the nutrients and if I still getting this problem il just harvest it and start again.

20. yes I understand the prob started before. this is what I've been finding is that the cns17 4coco fills up the cation bank pretty quick. so your canna coco a + b I'll assume also fill up the bank quick therefore your prob started before cal mag was added. check roots 4 smell color and feed spring water till she comes back about a week. throw out ur harvest date cause she needs to heal.
    and call me in the morning.lol