My first plant! (grow journal #1)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 420ChineseEyezGirl, Jul 26, 2017.

1. So far nearly a month,and here's my baby growing in the kitchen so far...

[​IMG]

My first time growing so bare with me. It's the Blue Crush strain. I've been keeping the light on 24/7 and giving it about 1/3 a cup of water at 4PM everyday. I took this pic just now,and about to water her in a bit.

Advice is welcome.

2. It looks healthy but extremely small for a month old. What light are you using? What's the medium? These plants are 4 weeks old.
    4 weeks.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm only using one light bulb for now. It's a regular CFL bulb. So if I use more lights it might grow bigger?? I don't have the bulb adjusted that close to it either(about 12 inches positioned above the tops atm).

Still learning about this stuff! I germinated two others in the last few months,but they didn't succeed compared to this one. This plant will be a month old in about a week. Yea small compared to some of the pics I've been seeing! Cool plants you got going yourself so far.

4. Don't water it every day. Let the soil dry out well.

5. I think that's what I'm trying to figure out lately. Thanks I think I have a clearer picture now.

How often should a plant be watered anyways? I started watering this plant from twice a day,to just once a day,and now looks like I'm gonna cutdown on watering it a bit. I have been reading The Marijuana Grower's Guide by Ed Rosenthal alot and he does mention to let the soil dryout,but wasn't sure until now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. As often as it needs too... my last grow my plants would go 8-9 days this grow 3-4... stick your finger in the soil to see if it's wet still... or fill up a pot with unwatered soil as a weight reference.

Grow journal

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cfl bulb should be 3-4" away from the plant. Depending on the wattage of your bulb you may need more than one. Yes your plant should get bigger with more light. As far as watering, depends on the size of your pot, your growing medium, your grow space, lighting, ambient temperature around the plant, ventilation, etc. I'm sure there's more to list, but as a general tip, I wouldn't water more than once every 3 to 4 days. I'm not an expert, just a few things I've picked up along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. I just received an email this morning from my friend Tommy Chong(Yes THAT Tommy Chong) sending me warm blessings for my plant!! LOL

[​IMG]

He was on my radio show before. Here's the interview on Youtube...

Anyways thanks for everyone's advice so far! I haven't watered in over 2 days now,and also put my light closer to the plant. Leaves are looking slightly bigger today!