My first PC micro grow! xD

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by AntwonBOT, Jan 20, 2020.

1. I dug deep for some pictures of my first and last grow...
    Rathian, you might be interested to see what my scrog should look like... Just on a smaller scale!
    flower week 3.jpg flower week 8 (3).JPG flower week 8.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. #62 Rathian, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    That’s awesome man, very impressive for your first grow! Mine is more bonsai in style haha. Got to up my game on the training front on my next grow for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. How did you achieve this????? The plant being so small and having sooo many tops

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. I topped the plant a couple of times creating multiple apical buds and then using a scrog system to keep all the vertical growth uniform. I'll be using the same techniques in this current grow and I'm thinking about topping two of them tonight so I'll update on that later

5. So I think I'm in my critical stage now. I've topped by two bigger plants and replanted the tops as clones and put them straight in to 12/12 alongside some chilli's we have in the hot water cupboard two days ago. The originals seem to be recovering well, I just hope the clones take root and indicate I have at least one female so I can low stress train efficiently. I cut the plant just above the first 5 fingered leaf and the clones had to nodes still.

I've not been able to get hold of a store bought rooting hormone so I've decided to experiment with two home made methods. One I've dipped into a solution of water, cinnamon and honey. The other I've inserted into a section of a succulent plant and planted that into the ground.
    20200429_000348.jpg 20200502_131643.jpg 20200502_132126.jpg 20200502_132553.jpg

6. Hey dude, good work on the topping. Plants looking nice and healthy Let’s hope those clones root themselves and you can see what sexes you are dealing with.

7. My plants are stretching nicely with the screen on and after a decent trim. The clones haven't grown at all yet but they've not wilted or lost colour. I really want to flip my lights now though so I guess it's just wait and see what happens!

20200514_002607.jpg

8. And this was from a day earlier... 20200512_142253.jpg

9. So this is day 6 of flower,

I didn't want to leave the plant anylany longer so I've flipped to 12/12 last week. The clones don't appear to have done anything yet so I've put them back to veg and then maybe I'll get a mother plant from those later.

20200521_000411.jpg

10. Hey, man let’s hope those clones are just taking their time! Definitely a positive sign they are still looking healthy, they must be doing something or I would have expected them to start to see them degrade by now.

Your plants are looking great, love the screening you have done along side the pruning. Very tidy and efficient use of the space

Looking forward to seeing them hit flower now!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I am happy to announce that my sativa looking plant on the left hand side of my box has shown itself to be female you can see the white pistons in the picture below.

One of my clones has fully taken root as well and been re-potted. This one was planted with the cinnamon and honey solution. The other with the succulent cut out hasn't produced any roots yet but it's still looking healthy...
    20200525_222306.jpg

12. That's amazing! Glad you could get a female so fast xD

Also the clone rooting is excellent, I'll keep using my raw honey for when I clone, my clone seems to have started rooting now that I've checked it xD I had previously condemned it because I cant keep it warm and it started going yellow but it seems to be salvageable! I'll plant it in my box tonight

13. Awesome dude!

Great work on the clone and bring on the buds now you know you have a fem

14. So it turns out all 3 are fem! All the clones have rooted and are growing as well! Think it just took them so long because of how small the cuttings were.

The main plants had a good stretch after flip so I've zip tied some branches down to keep them even. Now bring on the bud! 20200608_231240.jpg 20200608_231311.jpg
    20200608_231215.jpg

15. What a result having % of them being fem and all the cuttings rooting, awesome

16. So I'm getting into the last couple of weeks of flower now! And it's starting to smell pretty potent... My filters are going to need some sort of upgrade next time round xD

Pretty pleased with everything overall. Had some issues with my power adapter and resetting my light cycles but I've acted on it pretty quick and seems to be happy still. It is however pretty damn cold with no real heat source. I've Also been really late in adding blooming nutrients so the buds could probably be bigger next time too.

20200714_233452.jpg 20200716_174645.jpg Screenshot_20200713-000829_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Holy shit they look great! Better than mine does anyway lol

I wish I had issues with not enough heat, I've had to use lower wattage bulbs (was 4x 10w, now 2x 10w, 2x 6w) to keep my box below 30c which makes me scared for summer being in the north island xD

18. very nice even lookin canopy. great job man :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Thanks man I'm pretty happy. Definitely going to have to work on my carbon filters though. Do you have pictures or anything from when you made yours, and how are they holding up?

My lights were pretty good in the end actually. Takes up very little space, built in timer and USB cable which makes life a little easier with the right adapter. I'd recommend giving one if those a go. Maybe go for the 80 watt, from Amazon. Mines 60 but you can adjust the strength