My first PC micro grow! xD

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by AntwonBOT, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Looking good Daxxy! Great to see another box and get ideas I have my first real prob with my plant I won’t post here on Antwonbot’s thread but have updated on mine. Any advice would be great guys, peace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. All done! Will one day mount the fan to the top but that'll have to be after lockdown 20200328_161746.jpg 20200328_161825.jpg 20200328_162312.jpg

3. Well done mate! Looks wicked
    How come you decided to ditch the led panel? Those must be some powerful bulbs you have there! What’s the spec on them?

4. Panel was too weak for how big it was, I would fix it but even then this feels like a better way to do it, they're all 10w bulbs so I've got 40w total, gonna pop some beans and start a thread soon

5. Cool, that makes total sense mate. It’s amazing how variable these led light panels at the budget end of the market can be.

I got lucky and mine seem to be pretty strong for the price point but seen a lot of people saying the ones they have bought aren’t up to much.

Looking forward to following your thread dude!

6. Sup guys. Looks like we're all making progress now that we have extra time xD looking solid with the interiors there daxy and how are your carbon filters going? 20200330_142139.jpg 20200330_142151.jpg

7. Exciting! Gonna suggest flipping to flower after 2 weeks otherwise you might run out of room. My last plant (which I have sadistically got the carcass on display) was a small pot and 2 week before flip just to see how it grew and all that. (Trying to figure out if sea of green perpetual or 2 plant perpetual might be better for my space) I have info of it scattered throughout Rathians thread but if you like I can put it all in one post here if you like, gotta help out my micro growers

Glad you like my interior lol I didn't put too much effort into it, it is lined with a sheet of corflute which is the stuff you see real estate signs made out of. I had no idea what it was until I ordered it into my local bunnings, wouldn't have bought it if I knew what it was but it turned out fine lol

No issues with the carbon filters yet! Only had one female in flower and that was only like a month I think but I hope I don't need to replace it during lock down xD but then again nobody will be coming over so it will be okay lol

8. Solid looking build AntwonBOT
    Love the wire scrog frame that is in there, all looking super space efficient.

Daxxy looking good too man! It’s seriously funny all that random bit of stuff we end up using to build these boxes haha.

I think my carbon filter setup has me golden for the rest of my grow but I did do some more research on what an upgrade would entail. If you guys need any info fine a shout and I can share

My plant seems to have recovered from my abuse lol. More good growth yesterday, I’ll pop a pick up today if I can

9. Just some happy seedlings from the last couple of weeks... 20200403_221528.jpg 20200408_234851.jpg 20200412_160930.jpg

10. That’s awesome man, nice one.

They are looking good If the get a bit too tall (mine did that a bit) then you can always bury the stem when you move them up to the next pot size.

Sending green fingered karma your way. Looking forward to following

11. Awesome dude looks like you've got a good start going on there!

12. Cheers guys. The next couple of weeks are going to be a bit of a stretch. I've got 3 seedlings, two of them are a week ahead and is just about tall enough to touch the scrog mesh if they sit at the bottom. I planned for them to be feminised so starting the stress training now would have been ideal.

As they're not, I think the best will be training them under now anyway and wait for a few more nodes if growth. I'll take some extra stem so that when I top them I can use it as a clone. Couple days to recover and then flip the clone straight away to find out if it's a boy or girl (cut it so that each half is left with 3 full nodes? That should give me chance to remove any males and carry on scrogging with the female/s to fill the space before I flip the box. Hopefully this works out, if the clones don't take I might end up with a half full grow box :/ any extra clones that I'll leave sitting outside can purely be to get me some more seed. Maybe even try stressing one out with light cycles to turn it hemaphrodite to give me some feminised for the next grow!

Yeah Rathian I'll fill growth medium to the top of the pot, I want to bury the repot as low as I can to give me some more vertical space. Maybe 2/3cm of soil underneath for some extra root at the bottom as well.

13. Ive moved the mesh up a little which had made me feel a little better. Still plenty of space for cola! They are dancing nicely even in the bottom now so I know there is nice airflow in the whole box. 20200414_114032.jpg

14. Sounds like a good plan dude but dont worry if your first grow doesnt fill up completely, it's all experience you'll get it the way you want after a few grows

As for training, I can give you some info based on my experience, basically the earlier you start the more you'll be adjusting it, I'll see if I can post pictures to show both times i did different things

I wouldn't stress herm for seeds, check out rodelization it's basically the plants natural last ditch effort to keep the species alive so they throw out bananas, it is still stressful for the plant but it isn't you force stressing it all you're doing is keeping it growing far beyond the harvest window (you can leave one low branch growing and harvest the rest)

First 3 pictures are my original plant and the progress of training earlier, and the last 3 are from the plant I only trained once when it had about 5 or so nodes (would've done it 3 times maybe if it was female) 20191025_112748.jpg 20191114_080149.jpg 20191129_125941.jpg 20191229_114859.jpg 20200108_110920.jpg 20200122_184631.jpg

15. Glad to hear the plants are enjoying their new home dude! Loving the scrog setup I might be cheeky and copy your design

Taking cutting and flipping the clones sounds like a good idea to find out where you stand with males & females.

I have read up a little and I’m with Daxxy in just letting you plants grow to the point of rodelization and getting seeds that way. Much less risk of killing the plant that intentionally stressing with light, water or nutes etc

Loving having another pc grow journal to follow!

Be great to get some detailed posts on the cloning process as I don’t know much and am keep to learn

16. Time for another update!

I've had a look into rodelization as I've not come across it before. That's actually not a bad! idea. I'll try that out for sure. Thanks

Maria, Sophia and Felicity are growing up fast! I've re-potted two of them yesterday. They are starting to smell a little so I've installed my carbon filters back in. I think I just need about another inch before I have enough to top and clone the two bigger ones.

A fan fell on Maria yesterday and mashed her a bit, but has recovered miraculously over night!

20200417_121111.jpg 20200420_083316.jpg 20200425_112333.jpg 20200426_124800.jpg 20200426_124809.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. Looking good dude!

Great to seem them so healthy and coming along so quickly. Those lights for the price seem great for a micro grow!

Looking forward to the cloning process. Keep up the good work

• Like Like x 1
  18. Looks awesome dude

Smelling this young is not good lmao well for stealth anyway, hopefully your filter works a charm, should do tho

19. This is really cool. I'm interested to see where it goes. Keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Theres a few of us with PC grows on the go at the moment