My first PC micro grow! xD

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by AntwonBOT, Jan 20, 2020.

1. I got the case for super cheap because it's really rusty but it's worth it! Not much rust on the main tower so I can just soak the removable parts in vinegar overnight. I'll definitely keep you updated but it wont be finished for a long time in terms of the light but I can get a bit done in the next few weeks unless I get shit from aliexpress lol

Definitely gonna love all the space in it tho, not going to take the front racks off like I did with the other one (and like you did) but I'll still have a longer space than what I have now! Thinking about getting a small hydroponic setup from aliexpress and do a kratky setup but I'm not sure yet, might just jury rig a small shitty jar with net pot in it first to test hydro out.

You dont have to spend much money, I guess it depends how much they cost but I'm sure you can find something cheap as fuck to cover it with, doesnt have to be reflective, black is fine.

And I'm in NZ, north island lol what about you?

2. Yeah that's fair. And think I'll experiment with hydroponics on my next grow and when ever I up scale I like the loom of live soils! Sweet as, I'm in Christchurch xD just moved over from the UK though and fuck is it so much harder to get hold of stuff here!!

3. Living soil has always intrigued me lol I'm just poor as shit

Christchurch eh? I've never talked to someone online from down there lol almost everyone is in Auckland xD met one guy through online gaming that was 40 minutes away from me that was awesome, I actually got my seeds I'm growing now from a bag I got while I was with him lol

Wish I could help but the north island is the more druggy one lol I live in wanganui and it's all drugs and gangs up here, I've lost contact with all my guys but I'm hoping to reconnect with one soon (I knew them all personally, I've never been a huge fan of getting it from randoms)

4. No idea about micro growing but came by for a look. go hit google for “ mr sparkles pc grow” he’s the king of the stackers!
    sure I’ve seen him get 4 or 5oz before.

5. Was curious so I checked him out on autoflower net and holy fuck his PC cases are insane! I've always wanted to have a computer inside for monitoring and things but damn that shit is next level

I've watched a lot of Intelligent Stoner on YouTube and he does pretty well with his PC case but he gives lots of info and tips, he even includes all his mistakes and how he fixed them so he's a good source for a new grower

6. Yup that’s the one mate. Fuckin crazy good grower isn’t he.
    I’m having a break from AFN but I’m almost out of seeds so I’ll have to go back soon lol.

7. Lol yeah that's pretty damn good I'm quite happy with what I have though for my first try. All set up now as well!!

Any advice on ordering seeds to NZ??
    20200208_135353.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yeah that looks boss as fuck dude very impressive

You should definitely check out the dude Spanish@rcher mentioned if you haven't already, that shit is fucking insane

As for getting seeds to nz you'll definitely want to go with a company that offers to guarantee the delivery no matter how much extra it costs, I've heard good things about GYO seed bank and it seems to be based close to us so check them out first I'd say but anyone that guarantees delivery is definitely the way to go

Obviously never send them to the place you're growing at

I've heard of thousands of seeds being seized yearly but I also know of a guy that got seeds successfully delivered to him

Sadly I dont have any experience myself because I know growers personally so dont have to order any in (and would prefer not to) but hopefully theres some food for thought for you

• Like Like x 1
  9. 20200325_161108.jpg 20200325_161143.jpg Jeez it's taken a while and a virus to get hold of some seeds! I've tried ordering from the UK but my package never arrived... Or my neighbors picked it up before I could raid their box lol. Anyway the seeds I have are of unknown origin but they will have to do whilst we're in lockdown!

10. Crazy shit lol I'm lucky I've got lots of bagseed, gonna try the super old seeds next but I gotta upgrade my box. Got 2 6500k bulbs so I can restrict height and flip to my 2 original 3000k bulbs after the stretch, but I figured I should add them instead of replace them. Each bulb is 10w so will have 40w in a space of about half a square foot, and I mentioned my second build so that's getting 6 bulbs. Unsure of what wattage but from 10 to 15 so 60w - 90w total.

Because you're working with unknown genetics you'll want to pay closer attention to them, expect anything. You'll also want to flip to flower at 14 days or so otherwise you'll run out of room pretty fast, I shall show a picture of a plant I flipped on day 14 in a small pot.

Also, this is what I'll be using to upgrade mine, just gonna screw them and the ones already in there to the wooden ceiling lol 20200325_205748.jpg 20200311_080915.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  11. Glad to see you're still about daxxy. How's your lockdown situation looking? Paknsave was an absolute diseased sea pool today!!

That's good to see. As I'm scrogging mine I'll be looking at flipping when I'm ready for the flower height... But it's going to a fair bit of guesswork. I'll be updating so you'll see the progress I don't have the insurance of a feminised seed either now so I'll have to be vigilant!

And your lights sound about right. I've got a 60w led that I can dim if I need to. I

12. Lockdown is looking pretty good for me so far, I mean I'm gonna run out of smoke but that's okay. I'm a gamer so I'm used to this sort of thing xD just cant run and get snacks.

Our supermarkets are only letting a certain amount of people in

The first grow will always be a fair bit of guesswork and yeah sweet as I'd love to come along with you! I hope you've got everything for the grow lol

13. Haha we've sorted ourselves out with plex, dark souls and some league!

As long as I don't have issues with pests or equipment I should be ok.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Yo Antwonbot, I’m doing my first time of micro grow too Just has a read through your thread, really interesting, helpful and an ace unit you have put together

I’m 22 days in and things are going well so far. Shout out to Daxxy who has really helped me out.

Check my thread out if you get 5mins, I’m subbed and following your grown form here on in.

Best of luck mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  15. I was wondering if you two would find each other lol

16. Cheers Rathian. Just checked out your grow and looks like you are getting on quite nicely! I can't wait for my seeds to pop out now.

Will be interesting to see how our grows compare as well. Have you checked out sea of green or scrogging techniques?

17. Might as well post this here because you both wanted updates on the boxes

I've just started the upgrade on my current box, and I've found that the holes I drilled for the led panel and the holes I drilled on the wrong side originally are in the perfect place for attaching my sockets! Right on the edge of perfect but still perfect lol

The annoying part is taking the bolts out without power tools but I'll survive lol it is for the greater good, planning to have 2 plant at once in there but I might bump it up to 3 depending on flowering times and do a perpetual grow, eventually I will make a compartment for starting seeds with my 15w bulb in the second box when that's done

Here are some pictures, one shows the time it connected with the PC case (this is why we ground electronics) 20200327_143212.jpg 20200327_151539.jpg 20200327_151643.jpg 20200327_151828.jpg

18. Been fucking about lol gonna do the rest tomorrow xD 20200327_192417.jpg 20200327_210326.jpg 20200327_172957.jpg

19. Glad we did, awesome to fine someone else in the same boat

20. I did read into SoG and Scrogging. As it is my first grow I thought I would steer clear of SoG and stick to one plant. Scrogging I havn’t decided against I just don’t think my plant is ready for it yet... foliage is too short and dense to be pulled through a net!

Are you seeds planted and you are just waiting for germ?