my first outdoor grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by swansea stoner, Jul 31, 2011.

1. It's in a big pot now it looks small in the pixs but I will invest in one soon probably. And j think its going to start flowering within a week or so as the smell coming off it has become stronger. Also I think its preflowering slowly to early to tell yet. but two of my mates are growing also and there's have started budding so it shouldn't really be long. :)

2. Here's a clearer photo my mate took of my 13 leaf fan and a random pic he took I think looks good :)

Attached Files:

3. hey swansea, Ok so N is nitrogen, P is phosphorous and K is potassium, the big 3 main nutrients... For vegetative growth, u want a big 1st number on your nutrient, something like a 7-1-2, which indicates what nutes are presnet in the mix and at what strength(7nitrogen, 1 phos, 2 potassium). For blooming u need less N, and more of P and K, my crazy bloom booster is MOAB-mother of all blooms and its a shocking 1Nitro-32Phos-52K(potassium)..But my standard guano for flower, for example, is sunleaves jamaican and its about 1-10-4 or something...hope that helps, mate.

4. Thanks mate a lot of help :) . So shall I just buy bloom nutes now as my plant seems close to flowering (I say this as two of my mates ladies have started flowering) so mine shouldn't be long as it says end of Sept for harvest. Also can you recommend some I'm not looking to spend too much on it :)

5. I just found a cluster of white eggs on a underside of a leaf can someone tell me what insect they are from please I have a photo bit its blury as my cam is crap I cut off the top if the leaf where they where but I know that won't stop the problem. Hopefully I just slowed them down from spreding help anyone?

Attached Files:

6. Probably some sort of spider or catepillar or somethin

7. Hopefully not plant killers :) lol

8. My plant is showing lots of small tiny preflowers :) in around two months time I'm going to be smoking some bad ass bud :) ( I hope lol)

9. good one it is shark week in usa . i like to see it finish for you . :hello:

10. #30 swansea stoner, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks mate :) I was looking at it today and the stench is getting so strong its knocking my head back lol :) Il upload some pics of the preflowers as soon as they are big enough for my crappy camera to actually see :)

11. #31 organicnurture, Aug 3, 2011
    I think its some type of caterpillar/ worm that burrows its way through branches, I had a problem with them before... I haven't seen them yet but they start to appear when flowering... they look like silk worms...

12. #32 swansea stoner, Aug 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2011
    I think i just found mom on a underside of a leaf with like web around it looked like it was sort of making a nest didn't take a pic but it was white about half inch long easily noticeable. Killed it and removed the leaf it was on but if u have same thing . Look on the underside of the lower leafs this where I found it and the eggs where around the other side of the plant still the lower leafs I can't notice any damage to stems or branches so hopefully got it in time but will keep an eye out

13. I think that the white balls are like the shit it leaves behind after it eats or was burrowing, you won't be able to see where it went in, it just leaves those white balls in the aftermath, it can ruin your buds... I don't know if neem oil will work, was planning on using it after first sight of them, am hoping not have to use it... good luck man.

14. Well I killed a white caterpillar so hopefully the problem has gone for now :) but I'm going to keep my eye out for more

15. Oh theyre lookin great....good job for your first time .....start hittin those bud nutes ASAP rite when u see them hairs

16. #36 swansea stoner, Aug 4, 2011
    It's only my first time outdoors I tried indoors but my plants died. Also I bought some blood and bone meal will that do as I really am skint and only bought the stuff as it was £1. 00 in the local shop.

17. Here's a few updated pics of my plant :) and another pic of the thirteen leafs :) I think its coming along great XD

Attached Files:

18. Lookin great man. Im jealous tho ::smoke::

19. thanks man lol. It must just be the strain as this is without nutes or anything I'm chuffed its this big already :) and I love the look on the thirteen leafs its pretty awesome

20. I just took a few pics of my plant looking lovely in the sun also is this a really small preflower?

Attached Files: