My First Outdoor Grow Plan...Tetraweed33's Journal Entry #1

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by tetraweed33, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Introduction:
    Well I have been planning to grow outdoors for sometime now, and for the last two months I have been obsessing on the grasscity forums to see how I can improve my potential grow. I am very excited and I cant wait till spring so I can get growing [​IMG]

Site:
    I have found a pretty nice site quite close to my house. (5 min walk, then 10 trudge through thick vegetation) the site is located in a light deciduous forest in a small clearing about 7-10 feet from a creek. The little patch of ground I am interested in planting the seedlings in looks as if it has some rich soil, but I'm not sure whether it's safe [​IMG] I am thinking about growing in pots anyways. Closer to spring I'll provide some pics but right now the site is to hard to get too because of the winter environment.

Strains:
    I live in Southern Ontario so we have 4 seasons with temperatures in the spring and summer within 15 degrees celcius to 30 degrees celcius.
    Right now I am planning on growing 10 all feminized plants: 3 Blue Widows from Dinafem, 3 Fruit Automatics from Dinafem, 2 Automatic Blueberry's from Lowlife, and 2 Lowryder #2's from Joint Doctor. I am wondering whether these strains are suitable for this Canadian environment. If anyone knows any info please share! [​IMG]

Growing Medium:
    I am planning to plant these ladies in mid to late May in 5 gallon buckets/pots. I am wondering if I should start my germinated seeds in a different home then transplant once some stability is gained, or would that even matter? I cannot start growing indoors, so once the seeds are germinated they will be planted outdoors right away. I read somwhere that if you are planting your seeds outdoors then you don't have to germinate them before putting them in the soil. Is this true? Right now I dont have a good idea on what type of soil I should use...or what to put in it for that matter! To be honest the only big things I am a bit confused about are nutes, fertilizers, soil and when to apply these things.(excluding the soil).

Well thats about all I can say to this point, so I won't be posting for i'm guessing at least another couple weeks unless people answer some of my questions [​IMG] merry christmas and to all a good high!

2. I have some new snowy pics of the growsite that ill upload in a couple days from my phone. I just have to borrow the usb connector from my friend inorder to transport the pics from my phone to my computer.[​IMG]

3. I changed which seeds i want to grow. I'm gonna get:
    3 Blue Widows from Dinafem
    3 Shamans from Dutch Passion
    2 automatic blueberries from lowlife

4. hmm waiting for warmer temps is the right idea...u can germinate your future outdoor plants inside right in the soil of the pot u plan to plant it in anyway. i have seen many of my friends use fox farm so that wood b my first to go to...iv also heard Botanicare Pure Blend Pro for soil is good too. u shood maybe visit ur local hydro shop an have sum1 break it down for ya but i woodnt recomend buying ur supplies from the store as they can b very expensive, but just getting the common "ground" knowledge is the key lol