My First Outdoor Groperation (pics)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by calvert0014, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Those rocks will help keep a little moisture in the soil and keep it from washin away in a hard rain, there are no signs of boys yet and none of those are sativas, maybe indy/sativa crosses. they look very healthy and should rock well for ya. I didn't read all the posts so I dont know what your growing there but unless your in Austrailia you are a long way from sexing those plants. should show by late august in most of the USA.

2. oh man..never thought of that.....haha ill keep that song away until harvest ahah

3. Way too close together. In high summer those rocks will absorb vast amounts of heat and dehydrate your upper root structure. Use mulch instead of rocks to retain subsurface water.

4. hey i was looking at your pics, lookin good ( +1 on too close) but i saw the rocks , then dirt around that , idk your "spot" but becareful for foot prints leading to your home or whatever/wherever. just something to keep in mind

5. Got the fertilizer in today, gonna give them their first feeding tomorrow!!! I am going to start with about a quarter strength mixture and see how everything goes! Also, i will be doing another VIDEO update!!! Where i will FINALLY tell you what has changed about the plot!! Stay Tuned!

6. the rocks r mulch,also like to add how impressed i am of the fact u started with such small plants and kept em alive outdoors. rep+

7. You're actually claiming rocks absorb and retain water like a porous tree bark? Something is definately wrong with our school systems.

8. is that what i said .plants dont suk water outta wood with a straw.it traps the water in the ground from evaporation and such just like the rocks would.By the way went to the school of common sense

9. Sorry to burst your common sense bubble but due to their density rocks that size rapidly absorb/retain heat and accelerate evaporation.

10. the ones on top yeah but hes got inches of the shit ,but i'm sure black mulch does as well,anything can be mulch as long as its covering the soil its mulch.I use whatever i find in the woods sticks,leaves,rocks,regardless i think he would be better with than without.

11. So here is Video update #4 along with a few additional pictures i took today, ENJOY!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLjyLp4jU7c"]YouTube - Update #4[/ame]

Attached Files:

12. Ok, so it is now june 2nd, ive still got 4+ months of growing time. I'm just wondering, how big can these plants really get? Id always imagined that at the end, id have a few bushes, maybe 3-4 ft tall at the end. Given the current setup, crowding etc., if you had to guess, how big will these plants be come late sept/early oct??

13. yea with the crowding their still gonna be bushes no worries you have enuf plants to make up for it. but you really gotta trim some of your lower branches any single or skimpy looking 3 leafs should be plucked off it will deff speed up your plant growth.:smoking:

14. this thread is a win btw

15. Maybe u should start training your outer plants to grow outwards better doin it now then when there 6 foot and ya start doin damage

16. #117 BROWNTOWN, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2010
    this is 16 plants in a 10 x10 raised bed coulda got away with half that and still woulda been packed
    039.jpg
    Ans I tried training em to grow out wards but by the time I did they where so strong and growin so fast it was bout impossible

17. Wow Browntown, impressive grow!! How much bud did you get from those?? what strain is that, Bagseed??

18. you lst'd 1 of ur plants!!! :DDD

19. Oh and if you were wondering about the golf ball, kinda freaked me out, found it a couple of feet away from my site!! Hope nobody comes lookin for it...