My First Outdoor Groperation (pics)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by calvert0014, Apr 23, 2010.

1. very nice
    i plan on doing my first outdoor grow op (i have fam living with me) prob next summer.
    so in the meantime hope you get a nice harvest

2. Ha Beginner, Same here! Nobody in my family knows anything about it! Lol, I bet they wonder why I've been taking long walks in the woods all of a sudden! Now i just gotta figure out what I'm gonna do come harvest time, can't have all those buds stinking up the house!

3. Sorry guys, no picture/video update today. I cant find the camera at the moment, i found the empty case, but no camera!! Plus it been pretty cloudy today and is supposed to start raining soon, not the best picture taking conditions. I did go out and check the spot earlier though, Everything is lookin good they've all grown several inches, the biggest one is about 18'' right now. I'm a little worried though, they're not as bushy as ive seen is other peoples threads, just kinda tall and lanky...

I decided to start some Low Stress Training today, thought about topping the plants too but ive seen some mixed opinions here on the forum about that so i didnt. Ive only done 4 of the biggest plants do far, Basically i just put stakes around the plot and got some string and tied the plants up so that they are leaning towards the outside of the plot (ill have pics of this up ASAP). Hopefully by then they will have already started to reorient themselves and be a little bushier. There was no problem bending the stems they went over pretty easily, ha, it shouldn't have been too stressful for em.

Still no signs of sex on any of the plants, How long does this usually take they are easily a month+ old. Also, i did notice some brown spots on the bottom leaves of two of the plants, and on the next set up of one of em. Any ideas about what this could be, pests/nutrition issues? The other 10 plants look completely fine tho. I have noticed a few fine spiderwebs on some of the plants, i remove them whenever i see em. Could this be spider-mites, do they make webs or is it just regular spiders, should i bee worried? Thanks for any input, pics/vids should be up soon!!!

4. One more thing, just checked the forecast and its supposed to be raining/thunderstorming for the next couple days. Should i have waited to LST the plants? Is the lack of sunlight/rain gonna cause them harm when their bent over??

5. calvert I would firstly like to compliment your grow..lookin pretty good. I'm pretty much in the same boat here as you (germinated April 7) I still got my three babies indoors and will be moving them out to my woods which has a plot with about the same amount of light passage as yours.

Anyway did you see much change in growth rate upon transplanting to your current plot?

And secondly have there been any environmental problems for your plant? I saw you posted about a bunch of ants around your crops but never read about any problems with em.

thanks in advance and keep those beauties goin strong!

6. Hmmm.... Its hard to tell if there was any change in growth rate, I still think they are growing really slowly. I thought that they would have been a lot bushier by now. But i have learned that the more you go out and check on them, the slower they seem to be growing.

As far as environmental issues go, I've had very few, crossing my fingers that it continues!! There were quite a few ants crawling around at one point but they seem to have gone now, I haven't had any other problems with animals/pests unless those "brown spots" I mentioned earlier turn out to be from spider mites. I would have to say that my biggest enviornmental problem by far is shading by surrounding trees, I feel like the girls could be getting a lot more sunlight if I took a chain saw out there and went at it!! but i guess they'll just have to make due with what their getting. The all do seem to still be in the vegetative sate so i guess they are getting an adequate amount (correct me if I'm wrong). It just sucks going out there and seeing a big shady spot right over your plot because some random tree branch decided to get in the way of the sunlight!!!

7. hey man, I am really liking your grow so far. You have done very good for your first time! I am in the same boat aswell. I'm a first time grower that has planted 3 clones in pots. I hope you the best of luck, I'm subscribed! :D

Oh btw, I think you should cut down the tree. it will speed up the growing so much, and as for sound, I think It wouldn't be that suspicious.

8. they look preetty good man. I too just started my first grow:hello:,off bag seed, all the best of luck to you man
    If you dont mind me asking why did you decide to put rocks there? not ragging on you or anything just curiosity.

9. Umm, mostly to prevent other weeds (no pun intended) from growing around my plants, but u also hard from somebody on here that they should help keep moisture in the soil in between watering. Hadn't thought of that myself but i guess it does make sense.

10. shit..not a bad idea. well props to you bro, goodluck with the grow.

11. jus for a little help to u...next time start your seeds in potting soil till your starters come strong.then prep your holes with a little lime and oyster shell to adjust ph in the ground...thats probably why your starters r taking along time to grow...also check your water on ph levels...causes salt buildup...after everything is checked then transplant starters into the ground...plants should thrive alot faster...but yours sure look good...good luck...Rippa

12. Thanks Rippa for the info, will definitely be taking your advice on my next grow.

So, I guess ill have to do a little text update since the camera is still hiding out somewhere, I'm sure it will show up soon. Seeing as the camera isn't mine, i don't really wanna ask where it is and have to explain why i need to use it. I'll keep an eye out and head to my spot as soon as i find it.

I have been to the plot a couple times since my last update, the LST I started earlier this week almost turned out to be a DISASTER. After i tied the plants down we proceeded to have several days of heavy rain/thunder storms. Some of the plants took a beating because of it, when i went to visit after the first big rain, some of them were laying all the way down with dirt/debris on some of the leaves. Also most of the smaller seedlings were laid over as well.

Lets see, after that i got some string and a few more stick to support the larger LST'ed plants and i tied all the smaller ones straight up with support sticks. The past few days have been nice and sunny out, when i went to check on them earlier today, everything was looking good! The seem to have perked up, grown a few inches, and are looking nice, green and healthy! They are starting to smell too, you have to get kinda close, but they are definitely starting to get that distinctive weed smell to em'. Still no signs of sex at all, hopefully they are all female!!!

But that's all for now, my next post will be new pictures/videos i promise!!!

13. hey, any updates man? I'm really looking forward to some.

14. Bumpin this up for ya, Make sure to get those pic/video updates!

15. Okay, FINALLY found the camera!! Here are some pics that were taken earlier today. It rained all day yesterday and is still raining today but i decided to go out and take some pics anyway. Unfortunately, the batteries were pretty much dead so i didn't have time to record a video, ill have one up soon, once as it stops raining and i get some more batteries. Let me know what you think!

Attached Files:

16. Few more

Attached Files:

17. Why on earth are those plants so close together?

18. Awesome man, I like the nice secluded area you got set up. Is a rocky outcrop a good place to grow? And yeah, your plants are way to close together lol, good learning experience though.

19. Sigh... Because i planted them before i joined GC?? Otherwise, they would all be planted about a mile away from each other!

20. very nice !! thanks for the update man