My First Outdoor Groperation (pics)

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by calvert0014, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Finally, update #2 I've taken some pics and videos for you guys to see. They seem to be doing quite well, and have grown several inches. I do have one sort of issue tho, there are like a lot of ants crawling all over the plot. They seem to be staying down on the rocks but do you guys think that they could pose any threat to the plants? If so is there anything that i can do about it? Let me know what you guys think:

Attached Files:

2. Just to let you know, you planted these REALLY close to eachother. You can easily leave it like this to get a sea of green, but spreading them out will probably get you a better harvest. You plants will start to crowd eachother for light and for root space.

3. Yeah i do realize that but as you can see with the limited space and non-feminized seeds i wanted to have as many female plants there at the end, so hopefully once i weed out the males, and do some LST, there should be plenty of space for the girls to grow to their full potential. Here are the rest of the pics, new video will be up later today:

Attached Files:

4. #24 calvert0014, May 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2010
    Here is the Second Video (Brand New) from earlier today. Enjoy let me know what you think!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvAv77AgQA"]YouTube- Update #2[/ame]

5. can i see a vuid o9f the camera looking up to see what kind of shaft of light u get? i wanna compare to my grow

6. love how you use videos. lookin good so far. subscribed

7. Thanks Tokin, I'll keep them coming as the weeks roll on.

Didn't i already do that at the end of the Update #2 video? I'm actually having some problems with this one tree blocking a lot of direct sunlight, its not too big, maybe 8in in diameter the only problem is that i don't have an hand saw at all. I do have a small chain saw in the garage but I'm worried about making too much noise. Not sure what I'm gonna do about it but the plants are starting to bend to get into the sunlight.

8. I'm subscribing to this, looks like a very interesting grow :smoke: :D

9. Thanks!! I'm just hoping everything turns out well!!

10. lookin good man, subscribed. and yea, you're plants are wwwaaayyy too close together, i would suggest getting some soil mixed in with perlite, and digging 3x3 holes and transplanting to get some massive plants. but if not, w/e, theyll be stunted for sure, but youll still get some bud.(hopefully). +rep

11. Ripper I hear ya, maybe next year. This is my very first time growing so I'll be happy with pretty much anything. I'm guessing about half of the plants will turn out male and have to be destroyed anyway so hopefully that will give the girls some more room to grow. Thanks for the input!

Also, i have come up with a solution to my tree shading problem. At first i was seriously considering taking the chain saw out there and cutting that sucker down but this tree was like bent directly over my plot and most likely would have landed on top of the plants if i cut it down. So decided to tie a rock to some rope and tossed it over the offending branches then sort of lassoed them with the rope and tied them back and out of the way. They should get much more direct sunlight now! Hopefully that will translate into bigger plants/buds only time will tell!! Another quick question, when should i start giving them some nutes, I've heard that you should wait until after flowering but I'm not sure... Does that sound right? Any suggestions on something i can get at say, Home Depot? Thanks again, another update in about a week!!!!

12. no prob bob. Hey, this year is my first year as well, but ive spent SOOO much time researching how to grow and all the bells and whistles of it that i feel like a pro lol. im not. but to answer your question, no, you dont NEED to feed them during veg. But if your looking for bigger plants, in turn bigger buds/bigger yierds, than yea, you should probably feed them. Home depot and lowes both have some decent nute solutions, and they're not all liquid either. go and check em out. get something w/ a high N, mid P, and mid K. Good luck bro.

13. Thanks Ripper for the nute info, i think i might pick some up pretty soon and start the plants on it slowly. Good luck with your grow this year too! If you dont mind me asking, what is your setup like? indoor/outdoor? in the woods? how many plants?

14. Love the pics and videos man, Good looking plants! Starting my first grow in a few days here and am super excited :) Good luck to you! Im looking forward to future updates :)

15. Hey guys quick question, what strain of MJ do you think these are? Indica/Sativa? Also, How tall should i expect them to get, even with the crowding problem, given proper watering and eventually nutrients? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

16. Oh it's a bit early to tell yet man, give 'em a week or two and you'll get a better idea.

17. Oh ok my guess was Sativa. All the pictures ive seen of primarily Indica plants have shown stockier plants with much darker leaves. But i guess we'll see...

18. Hey man, updates soon I hope? Hope it's goin' well for ya :smoke:

19. I'll have another update up on Tuesday! They're getting bigger!