My first one

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by ganjfarmer7, Aug 2, 2012.

1. This plant is my first try at growing. This is what it looks like about 10 days after topping it. I was curious as to what it might yield and when the flowering will begin it's located in Pennsylvania

image-4223809463.jpg

2. Anyone have some input on it?

3. looks good, blends in nicely

Yield is tough to estimate, with out knowing all the factors.

If I was a gambling man, I would say 2 zips,

maybe more if your able to water every couple days and if its from good genetics

Looks a little leggy, from the pic it looks like its in a wooded area and might not be getting full sun.

Definitly a nice looking plan, especially for your first grow.. Have you sexed it yet??

4. [quote name='"logy"']looks good, blends in nicely

Yield is tough to estimate, with out knowing all the factors.

If I was a gambling man, I would say 2 zips,

maybe more if your able to water every couple days and if its from good genetics

Looks a little leggy, from the pic it looks like its in a wooded area and might not be getting full sun.

Definitly a nice looking plan, especially for your first grow.. Have you sexed it yet??[/quote]

Yea it's in a great spot right on a tree line in tall grass and the whole western sky is open to it so it's getting plenty of sun and honestly I have no idea how to sex it haha I bought it from my friend about a month ago actually cause he almost got busted by cops with it

5. Are you telling me it's possible for the to be a male?

6. nice, man. Just give her lots of love and she'll repay you in kind :)

7. [quote name='"Friendlybear"']nice, man. Just give her lots of love and she'll repay you in kind :)[/quote]

Thanks man that's what I'm hoping for haha

8. If it's not a clone and if it didn't come from a pack of feminized seeds, then yes it's certainly possible. It's why it's always a good idea to start about twice as many plants as you want to end with, or a minimum of 4 plants to 'hopefully' ensure that you get at least one female.
    If you check the nodes (between the branch and stalk), you should be able to tell by now from the looks of it. Just search male and female pre-flowers, and compare them to what you see on your plant.

Good luck!

9. I just went out and looked at it and it has the pistols but they are green not white. Does that just mean its not as far along?

10. If it's green I think your taking about the two green things that grow at every node on each side? Those aren't pistils. Both males and females have them.

11. You could be seeing the stipules, not the preflower calyxes where the pistils come out.

Here's a little diagram, and a close shot of a few actual plants... this should help. :)

[​IMG]

This one is female...

[​IMG]

This one is male...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']

You could be seeing the stipules, not the preflower calyxes where the pistils come out.

Here's a little diagram, and a close shot of a few actual plants... this should help. :)

This one is female...

This one is male...

[/quote]

Yea those are green on my plant they arent the balls that the males have

13. pretty plant. Take care of her.

14. [quote name='"SmokeMB"']pretty plant. Take care of her.[/quote]

Thanks man

15. Looks good i am in pa also central , good luck !!

16. image-1405726555.jpg

Went back to check on my plant and things are still looking good! A few bottom leaves are dying though should I be concerned after topping it?

Attached Files:

17. looks nice. Usually after topping, because of the new growth, the plant transfers it's energy up top. So a few bottom leaves will yellow. That's no biggie. If you're concerned, give it a shot of nitrogen. Maybe some fish emulsion or something else organic. What are you feeding it now?

18. [quote name='"SmokeMB"']looks nice. Usually after topping, because of the new growth, the plant transfers it's energy up top. So a few bottom leaves will yellow. That's no biggie. If you're concerned, give it a shot of nitrogen. Maybe some fish emulsion or something else organic. What are you feeding it now?[/quote]

Honestly ive just been having it grow naturally in the ground and its been loving it it's in a great location where it rains so often I've only watered it a few times. And I do think it's from the topping because it's only one leave now

19. image-2871461190.jpg

Starting to see some white preflowers!

Attached Files: