my first mushroom grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by salchi, Oct 29, 2006.

1. LOL no i didnt die, yet ;)

hey man 5 grams is better than no grams :) congrats on your first try, i probably wouldn't do that well :)

2. hey guys,
    i had i little problem with my internet connection, so i wasn't able to update.
    i think you should see how much (and many) my mushrooms have grown! i got a bit too late for one of the flushes and there were spores all over the place, i wasn't expecting that to happen so fast!
    i've also had a wonerful first trip, with about 1gr (i managed to get a bit more in the end). i ate them on an empty stomach and had a great time, though it will be some time until i try it again, it was pretty intense even though it was less than half the usual dose.

Attached Files:

3. you don't have to dry them to eat them, but if you want to store them you MUST dry them. storing them fresh will introduce mold very quickly. In my experince dry is better. A cracker dry weight is more reliable then a fresh weight because there are different degrees of freshness.
    FIRST air dry them until they stop loosing weight(my house is dry so it only takes a few days). THEN put them in a container with a dessicant(silica gel packs works, i tried).
    By weight they will get more and more potent until they have lost all their water content. after they've been stored for many months, then they may start decreasing in potency due to chemicals breaking down.

a dunking helps heeps with yeild. dunk right after you remove them from the jars and roll them in vermiculite before placing them back in the grow chamber. dunk between each flush. I have gotten four flushes from BRF cakes before but the forth flush I started seeing mold so they were disgarded.

4. Hey guys, im back! I'm in the innoculation stage of my shroom grow (12x 1/4pint of Cambodian Shroom) and I've seen a lot of mention of this "dunking and rolling in vermiculite". I've done a lot of reading, and watched a really informative video (anyone into growing shrooms, check out the torrent site "demonoid.com" and search "shrooms" -- There is a video called "mushroom growing made easy" -- very informative) and haven't heard of this. Could someone please explain this technique to me?

Regards,

FLEX