My first legal Oregonian grow 1000w 4x4 scrog

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by STilladelph, Feb 12, 2016.

1. You try super cropping?

3 strain 1000w 4x4 legal grow

2. Nice grow so far :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jewelers loupe came in the mail yesterday. Mostly clear still, i see some cloudy and surprisingly a few amber here and there.

Harvest will probably come next week some time

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Today marks week 8 of flowering!!

I plan on cutting them all down next Friday & saturday, giving them another week to turn amber.

I defoliated all 7 last night and cut off all fan leaves. After taking them all out, it was apparent i have too many plants. Branches aren't strong enough to support the buds and 6 out of 7 are slumping over and branches are snapping. I imagine this stems from not having enough room to grow outwards, and removing the SCROG too soon.

Learn from my mistakes folks!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yo yo hangers or tie them up, but you are chopping :pNext time try a double Scrog. I made mine with t pvc fittings so I can add at any stage.

Pics before chop please :)

6. Well the screen wasnt the issue, it was the watering table. I made the legs too tall and ran out of headroom so i had to take it all out or they'd be touching the light.

I did grab some fishing line and tied up the branches in a bunch to get some extra room in the tent and to let the lower bud sites get some much needed light.

Next grow ill probably do 5 plants veg'd for 5 weeks instead of 7 for 3 weeks

• Like Like x 1
  7. I use bamboo with some plastic twine to hold the buds up. Kind of make a little tomato cage out of it.

8. Yeah i thought about that but i wasnt sure about shoving a stake into the soil this late into the grow, id probably crush through some roots.

I took some fishing line and wrapped it around to tighten them up and strung it down to the pot so they're upright.

Crazy how much more room is in there now!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gonna do it to my thc bomb soon, it's over a month into flower. I'll let you know if it slows her down. I heard from a dependable source it won't even phase her. My dwc plants have hit the light pretty much now and i'm still not sure they will on a per plant basis out produce the soil plant. If they get fatter from being taller though i might get lucky. They more than tripled on the stretch, even the one that's only supposed to get 3 feet.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Home depot has metal tomato cages super cheap, all sizes.

I was considering trying DWC next round for the sake of less mess, but I've gotten kinda decent with soil so why change a good thing lol

11. I feel you, that's why i'm doing both this time, wanted a backup if i screwed up the dwc, didn't screw it up though, they're up to my eyebrows now and at their highest about an inch from my 600 watt HPS. It's fun to say the least lol. i'm so out of space in there it's not even funny. About a month on those left i think, maybe 3 weeks on the soil thc bomb.

12. Got a link to your journal?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Updates!

-420Primo

1000 Watt HPS Seed to Harvest
    Germ: March 2016
    Flower: April 21st

• Like Like x 1
  14. Took 4 days but its all trimmed and jarred!

Final count is 5 jars of Kosher Kush, 3.75 of blue dream and 3 orange crush. Im gonna let them cure for a week before i weigh it all.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2

15. How on earth is that made sir.

Link please!

-420Primo

1000 Watt HPS Seed to Harvest
    Germ: March 2016
    Flower: April 21st