my first indoor grow, constructive criticism appreciated =)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pbroosh, May 5, 2011.

1. Yea my bad I was just bugggin before. Evilhoodlum I get what you're saying now thanks for the more detailed explanation. When I start my blue cheese and AK 47/big bud imma do that. Might pick up another pack of lights tommorow we'll see how pissed I am after my last two finals hahaha had a rough day with finals today

2. I agree with evil in that you should repot if for no other reason than it looks like the pot your using is limiting how close you can drop light. In a smaller pot your plants would even with the top of the pot and then you should be able to get closer to the light

3. And by the way they are looking good.

4. Thanks. I move the lights when I take the pics usually. They sit like 3-4 inches from the light, I should drop em down more?

5. That's probably close enough but think about this. The walls of the pot look like they are blocking light that could potentially be used by the other plants surrounding it.

6. Good point. My next round ill have the dirt to the top, and smaller pots to start

7. Subbed
    First timer here as well. Check out my grow in sig. I'm always looking for tips as well.

8. looks like my 1st grow! home depot buckets, cfls, and emergency blankets. lol.

how do you know its a diesel? where'd you get it from? (not calling you a liar just curious).

if its in your budget for next time try going with an HID light (hps or mh). they're more efficient than cfls (almost double). lumens are the important factor with the plant growth. ONE 23-26w cfl (on average) puts out on 1500-1700 lumens...

you currently have 7? if they put out 1600 lumens each you're using 11200 lumens.

youre using somewhere between 161-182w. (23w vs. 26w)

a 150w HPS light puts out about 15,000-16,000 lumens...

a 250w puts out about 30K lumens.

not trying to pressure you to go and get any of this im just letting you know you can save money by using an HPS. take it from a guy who's used both.

you also wouldnt have to veg as long with an hps (growth is much more rapid)

that was just a pointer. also, as far as nutes go try using a tablespoon or two of molasses with every gallon of water during the last few weeks of flowering (especially during the last 14 days where you should have flushed the soil and discontinue regular nutes).

9. yea i think im just gonna bounce this harvest (if theyre females) and use that to buy an HID...just seems to be what everyone is using.

yea i also had intentions on using molasses

i got the seeds from an old timer whos been growing the seeds for years. he just called it diesel. i havent seent the final product yet, but my friend (his nephew) has and said its bangin.

theyre still relatively small and the space is kinda startin to pick up that almost dank smell. im feelin em

10. hopefully when they flower someone will be able to id the plant, confirm that its diesel

11. Dude. Smoke the plant. Confirm it gets you high. Fuck all the rest of it :laughing:

12. Haha yea I guess that works

13. oook 4 and 1/2 weeks in:

the runt is doing good. just LST'd it for the first time.

the other one is sooo bushy. the growth is sooo thick its crazy. definitely dont see this kind of growth with outdoor plants. there are 2 maybe 3 potential cola sites on it. lookin real good, gonna keep it low and keep LST'ing it

Attached Files:

14. When you say "extra" cola sites you mean you from node branches? Or did you top/fim and I forgot I read about it? :)

15. yea from the nodes

16. They're looking good! Get on with that LST and get them all them colas lookin' skyward! :)

17. ^^^
    plants are looking good!

18. thanks fellas!!

bought 4 more lights today gonna throw them on, more the merrier eh

also just got my order from The Attitude Seed Bank!!!!
    stoked as all hell, my blue cheese was there with my shirt and they even sent me 4 FREE SAMPLES:
    New York 47, Afghan Kush Ryder, Northern Lights x Big Bud from World of Seeds (all Fem'd)

and

DINAFEM Blue Widow from (not sure the company, it says U.F.O "Unbelievable Free Offer) haha

couldnt be happier, order came in 10 days on the dot. and look at all the free goodies:D:D:D

Attached Files:

19. Nice. I'm gonna have watch those blue cheese when you pop em cause I've thought about them

20. Just realized I got 4 5000k lights. They are daylight ones but they aren't the 6500ks. oh well, I think its still high enough up there in the spectrum to be good for veg, right?