my first indoor grow, constructive criticism appreciated =)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pbroosh, May 5, 2011.

1. lmao well played. Dude you can't stop there. I smell a funny yet tragic story! :smoke:

2. all tragedy, no comedy. i had NO FENCE around them for 3 months of their lives, lookin strong and whatnot with two nice stalks. shit was beautiful silver haze. i think, well i guess since im doin good with em ill put a fence around em. nah straight up jinxed it. i come back and the fence is completely ROMPED all over, the colas were chewed straight off. they were not stolen 100% sure. the stems were all chewed up haha. the 2 years before that my shit got eaten by deer. yes, i live in deer country. if i see a herd of 10 -15 everytime im out driving it is perfectly normal. and these fuckers stop at nothing

3. Dude. To walk out and see that and probably know instantly what had happened. I think I'd have just fallen to my knees and started crying.

4. also if you dont have this book GET IT NOW. almost as good as grasscity.com ;)

Attached Files:

5. i did fall to my knees, didnt cry but i was kicking my buckets, threw em at trees, and vowed to blast every deer i see for now on out

6. Whoa. That's a big statement, brother ;) I'll check it out.

7. Uh, lmao again. You see that link I put in my signature so I wouldn't lose it? It's a link to that book. LOL

8. its amazing. absolutely worth the 25 bucks or whatever. 100% worth it

9. What's the book? I can't see a pic of it or see your sig bc I'm on my phone. I'm looking for something hardcover to reference

10. #70 evilhoodlem, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    I think you should transplant your plant into a a smaller container. Go to a growshop, homedepot... and buy a 2.5qt pot. and fill to the top. and double your lights :)

This will give you plant a better chance and its root ball will get bigger and stronger, then when its large and gets roots bound, transplant again into a FULL 5 gallon bucket. You could get OZZZ

evil :smoke:

11. It's called "Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible"

12. I respect your opinion evilhoodlem but that is just basically changing my whole operation. How would letting the roots get bound make it stronger? And when you say give it a better chance what do you mean I thought they looked pretty healthy. Minus the fact that I overwatered the one. More lights are always good but I just don't have the money to buy more shit and I'm not trying to kill my electric bill. One day I will prob upgrade the light situation but for now its staying as is. Transplanting twice more in these girls lives would be beneficial though?

13. The thing is guys I know what it takes to have a super successful grow.

1. I'm low on funds

2. I work part time and am a student

3. I do community service on top of all that

So don't tell me to change things that involve buying more things haha its becoming a pet peeve. If I could, believe me I'd have all the best nutes, legit ventilation, 1000 Watt hps and mh lights, the works. I appreciate the insight but this is my grow for now. I don't pay my electric bill and this grow is semi-incognito. I would however appreciate hints on how I can change or alter the setup I already have to maximize efficiency.

Sorry i that sounded harsh or defensive but I didn't mean it ha. Fuck my p.o I need a joint :'(

14. Get that book whiteboi

15. Hey P, just to relax ya a bit, I've noticed something around here that is different from most forum experiences, and it turns out it's a really positive thing.

When people come in to a grow thread, including myself, and say things about your grow, it actually isn't the typical control struggle that we're accustomed to in, say, a Call of Duty: Black Ops thread on a video game forum. People say what they say because they are *almost - really really fucking close* as much in love with other people's plants as they are their own. And they just want ya to thrive man, because any success of one of us really does feel like a success to us all.

So take that shit light, man. Life is too short to have any kind of peeves, much less some that you make pets out of! :p

If I lived nearby, I'd come by with some attitude adjustment, but somehow I think the sentiment might make ya smile enough.

Peace, brother!

16. Yea Its just that I'm not asking people HOW TO start my grow, but what I can tweak about how I'm growing with my current set up. I've read too much for people to just tell me I need more lights. That's like saying the sky is blue, especially since its already been addressed earlier in the thread. Anyways, I'm still mad appreciative of all your suggestions.

17. So let's grow some weed huh

18. Haha...I'm totally down, bro. But you need more lights. :bolt: Just kidding! :D

It was just another way to look at some of the criticism. I prefer to say "ok, they care enough to type this shit, that's cool" :)

19. Calm down man :)

Im in the same boat. Im go to school full time, have 30 hours of homework a week, i work 2 days a week so i have no free time, and little money.

The pots, will cost 3 dollars for 2 of them, you dont need more dirt since you already have enough.

and you just need like 3 more lights so like 12 bucks total.

Transplanting slowly is the idea of training the roots, It makes the roots stronger and bigger since the plant knows it is confined. so it works hards, and during different stages when it needs more growth like beginning of flowering you transplant again, and the plant grows even bigger.

I found out through my years of growing, it takes the same time to grow shitty weed as it does dank weed.

So how did you spend your time?

But take what i say with a grain of salt... what to i know anyways :p

Evil

20. He's cool man. Every now and then shit just gets ya. P's cool - he'll bounce out :)