My First Indoor Grow | 4 x G13 BOG | 5x G13 WW | 600W HID | DR120 5x5

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by funwithgreens, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Thanks for confirming that for me man. I'm supplimenting with CFL's I decided. Will buy a MH either later this week, until then CFL's will have to do for my little auto.

2. #62 funwithgreens, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
    Day 27
    Same old stuff. Tied down a few more developed nodes. This soil is so loose it's hard to actually get the hooks to stay, annoying to say the least. Now I know they have positive reactions to the nutrients. They were actually kinda nutrient starved previously, some spots developing on leaves indicative of deficiencies.
    Oh and thats catnip in the corner lol.

Tried HDR pics, came out decent.

2013-07-12 00.26.15.jpg
    2013-07-12 00.26.32.jpg
    2013-07-12 00.26.51.jpg
    The stalks are strong enough to pull my hooks out of the looser parts of soil... shouldnt be an issue once I get more tied down but annoying for now.

3. Your ladies are looking GORGEOUS brother. Seriously, these are going to be some fine smoke. You may have already posted this, but I didn't find it, but where did you get your seeds for the WW? I'm going to have to order some :3

4. #64 funwithgreens, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2013
    [quote name="DWC4Life" post="18340437" timestamp="1373611097"]Your ladies are looking GORGEOUS brother. Seriously, these are going to be some fine smoke. You may have already posted this, but I didn't find it, but where did you get your seeds for the WW? I'm going to have to order some :3[/quote]Thx. They're from Attitude seed bank, breeder g13.I don't know why but the strongest widow is growing a good 6-7 days ahead of the others... It already takes up a good 1/3 of the pot where the others are barely at 1/5 of the pot. The blue og's are weirder, sometimes get spots for no reason but I'm not stressing over it. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

5. Sick! Thanks a bunch man. Def going to get some of those WW for my next grow :D. I'm jealous honestly. I cannot wait for mine to get this big! Plants have minds of their own. Some just are hell bent on growing big REALLY fast. Others just mosey on down the path to maturity as they please. That WW thats ahead is probably going to be the biggest yielding plant IMO.

6. #66 funwithgreens, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
    Day 28  
    The big milestone... 4th week of veg growth! Though, for me, it's more the 3rd week since my plants are about a week behind across the board.  
    Watered again with a half dosage of big bloom and grow big @ ph 7, 996ppm   Tied down 2 plants that needed it. I don't think I preliminarily watered down my soil enough so it was really loose, should be better now.  

Humidity's at 70% now, found the best way to humidify the tent... through the passive intake duct. The mist is sucked through the intake and propagates throughout the tent, it's perfect.

2013-07-12 18.28.41.jpg
    2013-07-12 18.28.49.jpg
    2013-07-12 18.29.09.jpg
    PRETTY sure the issue this one was having was that the soil was bone dry. Really hard to water this soil... water doesn't start going down until you get the soil already wet for some reason, probably too awesome for my noob watering skills. Well, that problem's fixed now, took it out and gave it a nice thorough watering. 
    2013-07-12 18.29.17.jpg

7. Careful with letting the leaves get too wet, because the light can cause burns on the leaves from the water sitting there.

They are looking pretty good man! Where did you get those clips to tie them down? Thinking about grabbing some locally.

8. I got them from my dresser :p

Clothes hanger + tin snips. I cut them into 3" sections and bend hooks onto the ends.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

9. Wicked! Going to have to make some myself :D

10. And yeah, all the moisture's basically been evaporated by the light already or rolled off the leaves, not too big a problem.

11. #71 funwithgreens, Jul 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2013
    Day 29

Getting big growth now, will probably ramp up to 3/4 dosage next feeding. 

8 are perfectly healthy, including that one that was not doing so hot in the .5 gal pot. One has... I have no idea what it has going on but it points towards all sorts of nutrient deficincies. Just gonna keep on doing what I'm doing and watering with water ph'd at 7 for a bit to balance my soil ph back to 6.5.

2013-07-13 12.25.00.jpg
    2013-07-13 12.25.13.jpg
    2013-07-13 12.25.25.jpg
    2013-07-13 12.25.53.jpg
    It does look better than it did yesterday, I think. Color is returning to the new growth.

12. pics once your set up!

[​IMG]

13. They should start exploding now, they are at that height 2 more weeks they will be big!

14. #74 funwithgreens, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
    Day 30

Yep, definitely exploding in growth. Redid my LST to begin training them to grow around the pot. 
    Noticed one of my plants actually had roots poking out of the pot... that's DEFINITELY not supposed to be happening o.o. Oh well, cant really do anything about it now, weak stitching on a seam or something, gonna just trim it back and superglue the seam where it poked out to hopefully seal it.

2013-07-14 13.45.25.jpg
    2013-07-14 13.45.35.jpg
    2013-07-14 13.45.44.jpg
    2013-07-14 13.46.16.jpg

15. Cover them if you can, don't want the light hitting them for too long, might start to cause a problem. Looking good friend! Keep up the nice work.

16. #76 funwithgreens, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    Yeah I was just planning on cutting them back and putting super glue where they poked out. This was just on one pot, and not even the biggest girl so I'm more inclined to think it's just weak stitching on that felt pot rather than a problem using this type of pot... I have seen other people use em after all. If the pots are just not gonna work I'll have to find 3 gal plastic pots that are in this formfactor and not ridiculously tall and narrow like a lot of them tend to be.

17. #77 funwithgreens, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2013
    Day 31

Hmm, I think it was actually TOO cold before, turned my ambient temps up to 70F and I appear to be getting better growth, tent temps around 75-77F. Before they were 72-73F, guess that's a bit on the cold side for the girls. They're all exploding in growth with the exception of a single blue OG. Figured out why, it was a slower developer and I was watering it as much as the average other plant and it's a little saturated right now... I'll just skip the next watering and give it some time to dry out. Saturated with 5.8 ph water, no wonder it's showing nutrient deficiencies. Oh well, it'll rebound, I guess my Blue OG yields will be much less than my White Widow though, and that's fine by me.

I also swear I smell the scent of weed already... the leaves themselves must have a scent, because it's pretty strong already even for my insensitive nose o.o 

Word of advice for anyone that might be interested in using this clotheshanger-made hook for LST, make the hooks really damn long, that way when the plant grows you can rebend it into shape and have enough strength to hold down the plant when it gets stronger. I had to pull and re-do a lot of my hooks because they were too short.

I'll check with some more experienced eyes about my one sick-looking plant, I think I've got it down but doesnt hurt eh.

2013-07-15 22.44.17.jpg
    The new growth is starting to look normal and color is returning to the curled leaves again, woops, shoulda checked the moisture level before assuming it would be the same as the other plants. Excuse is the pot's really damn far to reach :D

2013-07-15 22.47.05.jpg
    This BIGASS widow is actually pretty hard to keep down, using 4 inch long hooks to keep it down. It's double the size of the other girls, pretty crazy, will probably get tons off this girl.

2013-07-15 22.47.12.jpg
    2013-07-15 22.47.22.jpg

18. #78 funwithgreens, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    Day 33

Still going well, as I thought before I got the PH meter to PH my water I was watering with too low ph'd water, the plant showing nutrient deficiencies was probably getting locked out due to ph... I've been slowly adjusting back up, it's at 5.8 now, probably was under 5.5 when it started. Other plants are 6.1-6.4 too. Not too big a deal.

I ACCIDENTALLY supercropped(cough, broke) the main stem of my biggest widow. Got it splinted up now, stem just flat out snapped when I wasn't applying much pressure at all, oh well it'll grow back stronger and better lol.

2013-07-17 19.18.57.jpg
    2013-07-17 19.19.07.jpg

19. Looking very nice :) 
    Been following each post, very nice to see the progress.
    Keep up the good work and can't wait to see those babies hit flowering :D

20. #80 funwithgreens, Jul 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2013
    Thanks, besides the accidental supercropping and late PH meter causing me to not be able to PH my soil till now, I expect to start flower in ~10 days or so. Shooting for a 3/4 lb yield