My First (hydro) Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by yourHIGHness, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Update:

OK I kicked all the plants into veg and these pics are day 3 of vegging in the fully operational system. The only thing I dont have hooked up is Co2. Ill try that on my next harvest most likely. But the water pump and irrigation system are working perfectly, and the temp and humidity levels seem optimal. Right now they are under 2 400W MH bulbs.
    I have been feeding them with a very mild nute solution (20 cc of Sensi Grow A and Sensi Grow B diluted into 14 gallons). The waters PH is at 5.5-5.8. Last time i checked it got as high as 6.7 so I have to make sure to check on the levels every day...but so far they seem minimally affected by the increase of PH. The two plants in the last pictures have recovered and look pretty healthy now but a little stunted in their growth but they are starting to flourish pretty fast now. I also make sure to give them a spray about twice a day as well. They seem to really like that.

Anyways, here are a couple pics!

Strains:
    -Top right corner White widow
    - Beside and under the White Widow is Purple Wreck
    - The rest are uknown clones (i was told they possibly might be blue berry)

Attached Files:

2. They look great! I can't wait to see the result.
    It will be really fun to see the diffrent colours and smells that should come along in a few weeks.

3. PPM is parts per million...i recommend that you get a meter really soon to start checking the levels of partials...or nutrients in the water to keep everything fed proper.

4. #24 yourHIGHness, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Update: Officially started flowering! :hello:

My babies grew a few inches so today I started them into the veg process. I switched the bulbs to 2 400W HPS lights. They are now gonna be on a 12/12 light cycle. I'm gonna take pics as soon as I can. They are looking fantastic.
    The roots are long and white. They look pretty healthy. I check the PH of the water at least twice a day and try to maintain it at 5.6-5.8..though I sometimes find the level to be at 6.4. On wed. im gonna use the recommended nute schedule when I change my tub water.

5. #25 GOONie, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Whats up man, just read your thread from the beginning, im definitely subbing this one. Im doing my first hydro grow as well, hopefully I can learn from you since your a few weeks ahead of me.

Im guessing your in flower now and accidentally wrote veg.

Thats good to hear! How long do you plan on flowering for/whats recommended?

6. lol Goonie i did mean to write flowering!

I plan on flowering at least 10 weeks. The clones were suggested for 10 weeks, and the purple wreck and white widow are for 9 weeks. So all in all I will probably do around 10 weeks.

7. here are some pics! enjoy them as much as I! :p

Attached Files:

8. (yoda taks a bow) your highness... pleased to meet you...

your babies are gorgoues...
    be careful running recommended dosage, most poeple find lower is always better and your girls dont even look hungry...;)

looks great though...

9. #29 yourHIGHness, Mar 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    thanks for checkin in budslinger! I appreciate your concern of nuting...
    but I have a custom feeding schdule that has been set up from the good people at BC Northern Lights and Advanced Nutrients.... however I am using only about 1/4 of the recommended dosage on the schedule. Once my babies get into about their 6th week I will be adhering to the full schedule.
    Thanks again!

10. #30 closed4fishing, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    Looking good! I'm running PW in my BCNL bloombox right now. I suggest finding a short pheno of the PW for the BCNL machines. A tall one will work but you can fit more plants in with a short one. Although I did pull 6oz off 1 plant of Barney's Farm Sweet Tooth on my last grow in the bloombox. These BCNL machines rule. That producer will grow the hell out of those plants man. Once you find your favorite pheno, you can pull 1lb out of that thing every 8 weeks or so. Keep up the good work it looks like you are on the right track.

11. Nice start, it looks like you are on the right track.

-C

12. lookin good, keep it up !

13. #33 yourHIGHness, Apr 7, 2009
    Update:

It's approx. 1 week of flowering to this day. They get bigger every day. My babies are growing up!
    I started using SensiGrow A+B with SensiBloom A+B with about 1/4 of the recommended usage of my custom feeding schedule. I would rather use less nutes than use too much. This week when I change my water on wed. im gonna try using the BigBud podwer nute. We will see how that turns out when the time comes.
    but anyways more pics! yay!

Attached Files:

14. #34 yourHIGHness, Apr 8, 2009
    Update:

AAAAAH! I found a male/hermie! NOOOOOOOOOOO! I checked the other plants and the rest looks fine. I'm now down to 11 plants :devious:.

When I checked in on the plants this morning I noticed the strongest plant had some pods growing. Check out the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the advice of oldskoolgrower I got rid of the plant. Thankfully none of the pods have erupted and contaminated the rest of the femmes. I'm a little dissappointed, because it was a purple wreck plant.
    Oh well, I got 3 more PW plants....:eek:

15. Hey, bad luck with the hermie, least you caught it though eh.

Anyway, I was hoping you could tell me how often your system is watering your plants and if you have changed it or plan to change it at any time during grow.

Thanks.

16. yea thankfully I caught it before any damage was done to the rest of my fems.

The system waters the plants twice a day. Once in the morning before the lights come on at around 8am and at 4:20pm before the lights go off.
    I do not plan on changing it, it seems the plants are growing strong and healthy with the way it set up atm. I dont wanna tinkle with the programming because everything is already pre programmed to optimum levels for growing my cannabis.

17. Thanks, and for how long does the system stay on each time?

18. You mean to water the plants? I believe its 8 minutes.
    The entire system is always on though. It never shuts off.

19. Thanks, and good luck with the rest of your grow, I'll keep watching.

20. Update:

My only White Widow plant turned into a hermie. What the hell... i'm upset my only sativa strain is gone. Had to get rid of it. It was getting nice and big too. The roots were white, thick, and plentiful.
    Down to 10 plants. I pray to the pot Gods that the rest of my babies dont go hermie on me!