My first Hempy grow. (Log)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by ant420ftp, Jul 25, 2013.

1. And lately I've been using baking soda for pH up and lime juice for pH down because I don't have the money for it I'm kinda broke and I don't sell bud I smoke it medically
    I figure since I have a calcium deficiency that the baking soda would actually help I mean I barely use any like a quarter teaspoon also heard that it can cause a build up if you use it too much Fox farms makes your pH go down so bad
    Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #82 Dro Smoe, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2013
    I don't have any experience with fox farm nutes so I'd be ignorant to comment on them, but I know the GH 3 part only brings me down about 12 points - 6.2 in my case.. Oh, the big girl is in soil?
    Sorry I assumed it was a hempy as well.. If that's the case then 6.3 is ok and even a little low.. You want to shoot for 6.5
    In soil .. I'd give it some 6.8-7.0 and stick with that for a while..the lime won't hurt but its gonna be hard to mix it evenly unless you take it out of the pot completely, which is a little risky at that size.. I'd cut the bottom and bog it .. In terms of the thick foxfarm it just sounds like you didn't shake it well enough throughout the use of the bottle .. Always shake it up a bit before using it.. I'd assume you could water it down but keep in mind that it will weaken it (double check with foxfarm or someone with experience with that line of nutes just to be sure it's ok to water down, but I don't see why not). In terms of transplanting I'd say go ahead .. A good rule of thumb is to give the plant approx a gal of potsize per foot of growth expected .. If you're already six feet and just started flowering you'll probably see possibly ten feet in height +.. What strain is she, do you know? As that will effect her height as well.. I'd definitely give it some lst, and put her in a 10 gal pot.

3. do you really think Ill get 10 foot tall because my greenhouse is only 7 foot I guess I should LST and the tops little more I can't take it out of the greenhouse because I'm not living at my own house that's their role but I do want to transplant what would be the safest and easiest method to get into that pot without messing it up or maybe just digging a big ass hole in my greenhouse and feeling it with my choice of medium and planner in the ground in the greenhouse what do you think

4. Yea I'd lst her.. For transplanting you could carefully slit the side of the pot and split it apart, and then simply throw the rootball into your new container.. I wouldn't start trying to loosen any soil around it tho.

5. This is what a old grower from nocal told me to do he's done this for 30 years and grows 7 lb monsters his advice below read and learn because I promise this man knows his pot better than anyone
    His advice below vvvvvv

if u take a I would defiantly transplant in to a bigger pot like a 20 or 30 gal pot,no lime it makes ur plant go root bound and u dont want them bound up, when u transplant u want the soil to be moist and warm, when u transplant grab the bottom of the roots an fluff it so the roots spread and it will increase yield by triple promises u that. I

6. This is what I woke up to all my plants gone one ruooed go the others just gone someine took and I think deer got one idk I wanted to cry it was sad but OK

Attached Files:

7. It sucks that all I was left with and its just trash going to get buried damn ..... ahh better luck next year I guess

8. Aww that really sucks .. So sorry brotha

9. Yea it is ashamed all th e wok I out in for something out of my hands is just agrravting well I have tomatoes if y'all are interested