My first harvest

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Norwok, Sep 29, 2003.

1. hello
    i have 2 plants ready for harvest (my first plants)
    but i dont know how to harvest, i read about it on the internet but im not if im doing it right
    i will describe what im planning to do:
    first chop of the plant at the bottom and hang it upside down on a rope
    then after 3 days i remove the dry leaves
    after an other week i remove the rest of the dry leaves
    then i cut off the branches and hang them upside down and this im gonna let dry untill its ready to smoke
    is this good??

thanks for the help

2. ok
    thanks for the reply mate

3. that's the what i do to mine.......cut it at the medium, and hang the whole plant upside down in a dark closet for approx 1 week, opening the door, to let it get oxygen each day.........and then cut off the leaves, and prune it.........then cut the buds off, and leave approx a few inches of branch still attached to the bud.............."helps for turning them without handling them too much".........the i place them in an airtight container for approx 3 weeks, opening the jar twice a day, to let them breathe, and get a nice smell to them.............that's kinda what shade ment to say, .............*whispers*......."but i think he's been smoking a little bit too much of his own product".......lol.........."don't tell him i said that tho"......... ;) ...........Peace out.........Sid

4. glad i made you laugh, lol..........i was listening to the radio and i heard a show where people phone in with weird stories.............. so this guy phoned in with one............he said........"ok i walked by about 10 people waiting at a bus stop and i went into the nearby shop..........and when i came out they were all gone....."nowhere to be seen!"........."weird or what?, i think they were abducted by aliens!"..............and the radio dj said......."don't you just think they all got on the bus?".........and the guy said........"i never thought of that".............lmao..........Peace out.........Sid

5. What I do is hang the whole plant, upside down in a dark-airy place for two weeks- then trim off all the big leaves and place the budz in mason jars for about two weeks more, opening the jars every day to refresh the air supply. After this they should be ready to smoke. Light and heat are to be avoided at this stage, as they will degrade the T.H.C content of the budz.