My First Harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by smokemedicalpot, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Hi all,

Just wanted to share some pictures of my first harvest ever, thanks for tuning in. The bud feels dry enough to go into jars, but how long do I leave the lids on before burping?

I also have some sensi star drying in my tent, will post a pic and weight soon
    Durga Mata II CBD wet:
    IMG_1030.JPG
    dry:
    IMG_1038.JPG
    de stemmed (3.4 oz) :
    IMG_1040.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Good work - I put my buds in the jar after around 4 - 5 days of drying @ 20 degrees.
    I use a hydrometer for the jars and if the humidity goes over 65%, I will burp the jars for about an hour or 2 (sometimes take them out for a bit) then back in the jar and repeat once or twice a day until my RH in the jar is around 57%. Then just burp once daily moving forward, until my RH is constant - Do not let it drop below 55% or the cure stops. Good luck.

3. I would say one plant? Unless they were Autos....

4. thank you and 2 plants ( not autos)

• Like Like x 1
  5. thanks ! and alright ill look into getting one of those meters

6. I am approaching my first harvest. In South Africa, it is almost universally done here that the buds are wrapped in newspaper and dried that way. These little newspaper parcels are how we buy it. Would curing in the jar make a huge difference to potency and quality?

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  7. You really need it mate - Takes all the guess work out - Amazon sell great ones under £15.
    Remember - Over 70% RH , they are too wet for the jars and mold is a BIG threat !!! Under 55% and the cure STOPS (and can never be restarted) Don't let it go below that number. - Perfect cure zone is between 55 - 65 IMO! Good luck

8. OF COURSE!!!! Weed that isn't cured is harsh and tastes smells like crap.
    No point spending all those months growing just to dry it quick and smoke it ! potency WONT BE MASSIVELY EFFECTRED but the smell and taste certainly will !!!
    Read this
    Curing Cannabis: Why It's Important and How to Do It Properly

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1